Tuesday Night Vanquishing

TheRaven

So since we're all working on titles and HoM stuff, I thought it would be nice to set up a regular event night for Vanquishing.

If you've never vanquished before or just feel overwhelmed trying to clear an area with just your heroes then this event is for you. Unlike the more challenging Friday night Elite missions, I'd like for this to be a "newb friendly" event. If you've never done anything in hard mode, don't worry. It's not difficult with a good team at your side. We can start with some of the easier areas and work up to the more difficult ones. It will all depend on the experience level of the team and what people need to complete.

We'll welcome old pros and newbies alike on all the trips. Even if your skills aren't ideal for the trip, you won't be turned away. We'll work with you and make suggestions for how you can improve your bar.

If you're interested, post here. Tell us your vanquishing experience lvl and the character(s) you'd like to bring. Also post the areas you'd be interested in clearing. We'll decide on an area once we see who shows up for the trip and where they are interested in going.

When: Tuesday Evenings. Shooting for an 8-8:15pm start time.

Requirements: Sorry, I know i said newbies are welcome but you must meet basic game requirements. Level 20 character. Must have Hard Mode unlocked in the campaign we vanquish. (Means you must have completed the campaign on any character) If there is only 1 campaign you're able to vanquish, that's fine. Just let us know and we'll pick an area in that campaign so you can join us on some weeks.

That's it. Who's interested? Please spread the word to your guildies that may not access the forums regularly.

Hmm might try that wif' mah ranger, she is growly for vanqing.

I have a monk/smiter who needs to do vanquishing. I could make him a healer - but I'm not that experienced as a healer.

I've already finished all my vanquisher titles, but since I find myself in need of a ton of kurzick points, any Tuesday night I'm online where the group is headed for the echovald forest, I would be happy to come along if there's still an open spot. I can bring any one of a necro, assassin, or ritualist. I may volunteer for other areas, but a few certain ones I've decided i'd rather not set foot in again if possible :)

lol - Reginator - which ones do you never want to go into again?

Hidden city of adahsghshddgfhdjsdehdanam for one..., a couple spots in the jade sea with huge patrol patterns, anything in a wurm, ice floe, and charr areas in eye of the north. Each one has a different reason though. It's not that I couldn't get through them or anything, but more that the area lent itself to feeling more like a grind to clear than actual "fun". I'm sure trying to h/h the areas had something to do with it, but there didn't seem to be any nice flows to clearing the areas without having to do several loops and backtracks to get every last one.

For instance: necro vs dervish (hidden city) = outputting large amounts of holy dmg to someone particularly susceptible to holy damage.
Necro vs 8 barraging charr with a nuker, monk, and some chain-rezzing mesmers. Things got better once I jumped in the siege devourer.
Necro vs 15 lighning-spamming eles with a protter (ice floe). Not sure how many anti-dp cons I used there, but I resorted to trying to spike one, respawn, and zerg it before all the health regen'ed. Gwen would have helped a ton here, but I didn't want to have to clear the area again just to replace dunham with leeroy thom :)

I guess there are just some areas where a certain profession setup excels, the result of which works inverse to how another profession typically or best functions.

I know what you are talking about. In most areas my Ele was more than adequate - but anywhere that called for interrupts...well...that was pretty tough.

I was mostly h/h too, but there were a couple of areas I simply couldn't get done without some help from real people.

There are areas that felt like a grind - no fun but had to push through to get the titles. Thank goodness for Powerstones and Sabway or Spiritway heroes.

My grandmother could vanquish Plains of Jarin - with just henchies.

Ok, I got some stuff going on and i make not make it ingame by 8pm. If one of you other fellas would like to lead the team out at 8pm, please feel free to get it started.

lol - that is the way it ended up for me. I trust y'all found that last guy and took care of him. I had 32 kids at the door and HAD to go. Sorry about that.

32 kids is enough for four full vanquishing teams...more if you aren't in an 8man area. Where's the problem?

lol

They all wanted brownies and ice cream and that was it.

No gaming.

Our first VQ outing was a success. Despite 2 players having to drop out at the end, we completed Frozen Forest and also managed to gather a few alpine seeds for Nicky.

I plan to continue the Tuesday night VQ as long as folks are interested. If you would like to attend this week, just post here and list any areas that you'd like to clear.

Back