Tuesday's Gruul

Angus_Og

Yes we will have Gruul on Tuesday and if you do not like it well go fix your own food. Gruul is good for you, or so I hear.

But speaking of Gruul we, basically me, will be starting a run starting the 19th @ 7pm ST. This gives people some time to finish some gearing and time to look at the fat loot in there.

This is an open SGA run and will have at least 5 spots reserved for SGA people. That means up to 20 members of TF can join in. So we don't bang our heads against the walls to much I want people with either some of their Kara gear or most of their heroic gear.

3-4 tanks, 5-7 healers, the rest dps'ers. These numbers are subject to change based on how we do in there, but it is a beginning.

I will post two entries, one on Group Calendar and another on GEM. ONLY sign up on group calendar. That is what I will pull TF off of and GEM for SGA. The way invites will be handled will be those that are there the most gets in. Regulars are first. We will more then likely be doing a point system and I will post that at a later date.

Do we have a couple mages ready to tank Krosh already or should I go ahead and get a tanking gear set together? (already have a couple pieces banked for this purpose)

I don't have much. If you've got a decent set together, I'll defer. I've been told that fire resistance isn't a huge deal, just so long as you have large enough HP/MP pools for when you get between spell-steals. Raid buffed, I'm sitting around 9k hp and 10.5k mp (with my normal gear) I may have a piece or two of FR gear still laying around to play with.

And Ave - we haven't started yet - probably in the next few weeks.

Fire resist is useless in that fight anyhow, Krosh's fireballs ignore fire resist. All you're looking for is enough stamina to have around 9-10k health unbuffed, enough hit to get to 99% for arcane (points in arcane focus definitely help here--I need to tweak my spec) and a decent-enough mana pool to get through the fight. Being frost-spec and being able to put up both fire ward and ice barrier won't hurt either (though you lose the big pyro-pull)

I'm not super far along yet, but I should have everything together by next week. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have 2-3 people ready to do this since you never know when someone won't be able to show for a raid (I just never know when I'm going to pull too much wife aggro lol).

Here's a link to a really good list of stamina gear for this fight:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mage_Stamina_Gear_List

I've had quite a bit of experience tanking Krosh. Belegund is right. Krosh's greater fireballs are non-resistable, non-interruptable, and non-critting. They will hit for 8000-10000 each (and much less if you have the shield stolen, of course). The more hp you can get, the easier it is on your healers. If you can have 10000-11000 unbuffed, you're doing pretty good. Once you get fort, kings, and a food buff, and even a Flask that boosts hp if possible, you're sitting pretty.

The biggest thing for you and your healers to remember is that you WILL take full power fireballs. It is almost unavoidable. Even once his Spell Shield cooldown is ready (and your shield has worn off) Krosh won't recast the shield until he's finished his current fireball cast. It's important that the healers keep the mage tank topped off as much as possible to account for these times.

Mana is the other important thing. Make sure you have pots ready, and your gems conjured. Get Wisdom as well as Kings if you can. (Also make sure you don't have Salvation, lol.) Time your Evocation to start right after a fireball lands. If you run out of mana, you can't built threat on Krosh, and he might start attacking other players, especially when the raid begins dps on him.

For Seth's gruul's run I've been the mage healer on Wend. I keep the mage bubbled with the relective shield and make sure that my spamming heals are timed to hit after his fireballs do, not before (doesn't help to heal you to 100% just before the fireball and then have you die because the heal doesn't hit until after you die)

The mage who is tanking Krosh needs to have around 10k health buffed (personally I would say unbuffed). Krosh ignores all FR so stacking stam is your best bet.

In addition to still wanting to tank a regular run thru Kara, I will be up for tanking Gruul's Lair - just put it on GC, and I will sign up.

Eric

I am having a problem signing up for Tuesday's run. I see it listed in GEM, but it is listed in Grey and I can't actually sign up for it. I also don't see it listed on GC. As I run the cursor/try to click on the GEM listing, it says something along the lines of "Run cancled:Ignored", however, I was able to help another guildie sign up for the run (successfully) while I was still not able to sign up myself.

hmm, i will try to get on tomorrow, saturday, and see why it did not replicate out. i have put up the GC and the gem one and do not understand why it doesn't work. guess it just doesn't like me. :)

Well we were close, only 4 people shy. Could of used another pali or two. Of the four we needed 2 healers and 2 dpsers.

Will try again next Tuesday.

Suggestion

If we're short by the same number or less as we were yesterday, I don't think it would be a bad idea to go ahead and clear to HKM (clearing shouldn't be an issue even 3-4 people down) and go ahead and do one or two pulls to have everyone get used to positioning and how it goes. At least then we'd get something useful out of it and hopefully be more likely to actually get through to Gruul when we do have our 25 people on and who knows, by the time we've cleared that far maybe a few more people will have logged on and we will be full for an attempt.

Just a suggestion... :D

Notice: I seriously doubt that I will make the run tonight. I started PT yesterday and and suffering the consequences from it. My neck is killing me and a headache has started and is not going away.

Back