Turns?

jwh

Would there be practical way to help the questing of our members on a turn by turn basis?

We could help one member, then another, then another, and so on.

I don't think it would be very practical. There is a fine balance that has to be maintained of players playing their own characters for their own benefit, and then simply helping others. The problem some have is that they log on and there may not be anyone available to help. I can see how that would become a bit of a problem.

One idea I had been throwing around in my head was to potentially have some sort of an adoption process. Players would have to opt in (not be required) to the program and pledge one or two nights of playing per week to help out there "adopted" new member. Of course, once that new member was comfortable the two could decide when to drop the regular help and move on.

It could always be tweaked, too. Just an idea.

How about asking a person for help in a few quests, and then in turn they will help you.

This could be arranged in the forum.

I really like that for the most part, this guild is extremely helpful. The only times I've had a problem getting guildmates to help out would be for end-game stuff (FoW, UW, RoF)... but that's mainly because there aren't all that many that have made it that far (so I'm definitely not complaining).

I feel very strongly that as a general rule, one should help if they can. I also feel strongly that no one should be obligated to help. I've seen both ends of the spectrum in other games, and a guild that has a "helping" schedule set up is just as frustrating as one that doesn't help or refuses to help.

If you need help with a quest or a mission, don't hesitate to post a new thread here on the forums about it or mention it in-game. Chances are, in a guild which has grown to the size of ours (66 members, 41 active within the last week as of last night), you'll find someone willing to help. :D

well I would b happy to help when I can the only time I won't b able to help is when I am playing somthing else or am in the middle of a mission or when I am not allowed to play ;)

I enjoy it. I don't tangibly get anything out of it, but think of it this way:

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10065

Third post in, my expication of Luke 16:1-9. One of my pieces of "mammon" is my GW character-- it has an inherent value, and God gave me both the money to buy GW and the time to play it to the level where I can help people. I can now use that to further God's Kingdom by helping folks like you enjoy the game, which leads you to ask what I get out of it, and now I can give the glory to God here on the forums.

Besides, it feeds my ego too. Win-win situation. :D

Doing for others is always the best.

Thank you for wanting to help people like me, everyone in this game will need help getting to the end.

Back