Upcoming MMO interest for possible chapters...

What upcoming MMO are you most likely going to play...

• Aion

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Blizzard's Project "Hydra"

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmmm...Planetside...too bad they didn't support it enough...it had MUCH potential...

@Joshinator: if you have the funds hit at least 3GBs soon, right now many good games coming out require at least 3GBs, and if you are on Vista, 2GBs is way to low even from basic gaming...

that games requires 3gbs of ram. Wow. I'd need to add another gb.

According to the alpha testers it runs fine on 2GB. My guess is the company just set the requirements pretty high and will be narrowing it down once it hits beta and closer to shipping. The game runs on the unreal engine, so it should have similar requirements as UT3, which isn't that bad.

Champions Online! And SW:TOR. Until I get a better job it'll probably be one or the other though. Most likely SW:TOR.

SW:TOR will not be out for at least another year or two otherwise I would be playing this for sure.

SW TOR and Star Trek (flop o_O) are the two I have my eye on. Jumpgate Evolution and DDO Unlimited (FTP) are also looking fairly good.

me and my dad and bff will be playing luna online if we like it... But I still voted for hydra ^^

considering they are already calling SW:TOR the one to dethrone WoW in PC Gamer this month and their play test was a real sucess I'm really hoping that it plays sort of like the good old Galaxies where players had almost total control.

The mechanics of that APB game look like a FPS, but the trailer is definately compelling. There seem to be a rash of games comming soon that are simply MMOs instead of MMORPGs. Not saying that's bad at all, there could be some awsome ideas out there that will lend themselves to MMOs as they break the mold. SW:ToR will definately be on my play list in the future, but not until like 2012. :) So for now the "other" is my vote and I'll be hanging my hat in Champions for the time being. Who knows what Hydra will be, but I've always been a EQ > WoW fanboi, so we shall see.

So Champions Online was pretty fun, but I do agree with the lack of depth.

Tried Fallen Earth open beta... it's fairly grindish. Good intro and combat mechanics, buuut, it's still very crude feeling and looking.

So Champions Online was pretty fun, but I do agree with the lack of depth.
To be fair, the game just wrapped up open beta. Isn't it a little early to be making judgments on depth? I admit I'm no longer an expert on MMOs, but it seems that endgame shouldn't be an issue for at least a few months--by which time Cryptic may be able to construct something impressive.

Then again, it's quite possible I misunderstood.

I think some of the feeling of (lack of) depth comes from the console-ish-ness of the game. It is obvious it was designed for the 360 with button-icons prevalent all the way through closed beta. I hear the usb 360 controller works awesome on the PC with ventrillo support via xbox headset, and that it plays much better that way over keyboard/mouse.

I think it does have a more button mashing action feel then a deep PC MMO does.

Another thing is that you get your cape, your travel powers, and your main skills right out the door. You are so uber/epic from the getgo that it might feel like incentive is missing to keep going.

Not that these are that bad, I still think it looks like great fun for a casual mmo'er. I am actually thinking of pickig up a used wired 360 controller to try it that way. Might be neat.

I think CO looks like a good game. The depth of things is always what people judge games for these days though if you look at games that take up the most of peoples time and are honestly the most fun they are the "tetris" "mario" quick play type games.

The thing i think is the most exciting about CO is that the developers are already talking about addons launched after release. That shows that they are excited about the game and with that excitement you get huge amounts of content that will help mold the game.

I think the only way this game has to go is up and being the second of hero game to hit the mmo market running with this much buzz I am gonna help it.

I think some of the feeling of (lack of) depth comes from the console-ish-ness of the game. It is obvious it was designed for the 360 with button-icons prevalent all the way through closed beta. I hear the usb 360 controller works awesome on the PC with ventrillo support via xbox headset, and that it plays much better that way over keyboard/mouse.

I think it does have a more button mashing action feel then a deep PC MMO does.

Another thing is that you get your cape, your travel powers, and your main skills right out the door. You are so uber/epic from the getgo that it might feel like incentive is missing to keep going.

Not that these are that bad, I still think it looks like great fun for a casual mmo'er. I am actually thinking of pickig up a used wired 360 controller to try it that way. Might be neat.

Once you get the higher level powers you end up with cool downs. Most powers have a charge up time, so you can spam them (or hold them down for additional damage, effects). Energy is easy to get, so it is more about choosing the skills for the moment instead of waiting eternity for your energy to regen.

The teleport skill is exceptionally awesome as you could play the traditional kill everything in sight, or you can teleport past them all and ninja the boss/objective. PVP is even more fun, pop behind someone and slay them if they aren't paying attention, or warp away when you are ganged.

To be fair, the game just wrapped up open beta. Isn't it a little early to be making judgments on depth? I admit I'm no longer an expert on MMOs, but it seems that endgame shouldn't be an issue for at least a few months--by which time Cryptic may be able to construct something impressive.

Then again, it's quite possible I misunderstood.

You're right, it was a bit early. When given only 3 skills, everything looks kinda the same (such a hard time nailing down which travel I wanna use :p). But after seeing the scenario and nemesis AND the bosses videos, I'm looking more positive at the game now. I never actually got to endgame before in an MMO (Tier 2 in WAR and Ragnarok Online doesn't count xD), so this will be an all new experience for me. :p

The teleport skill is exceptionally awesome as you could play the traditional kill everything in sight, or you can teleport past them all and ninja the boss/objective. PVP is even more fun, pop behind someone and slay them if they aren't paying attention, or warp away when you are ganged.

This is hawt! I will def be trying out Teleport on a main toon. I watched a pvp video with a guy using Teleport and it looks fantastic. When ever he was about to die, he would port up somewhere high and safe to regen.

My vote goes to Other which is representing Global Agenda. I took a look after Vibrokatana mentioned it. Sounds really interesting. I applied for the closed beta. They gave me a promo code if anyone else is interested in signing up. Not sure what it gives you or me for that matter. If you'd like it, PM me and I'll share. They specifically asked not to post on forums.

Back