UT2k4 preparation

rizz

Ok i ordered it and will have it soon. I am downloading the ToJ map pack and also the patch 3369. Is there anything else i need?

Whats the usual binds/configs you guys use? Do we have any ToJ specific stuff?

Last edited:
When 2K4 arrives just get us added in your Buddies list and we can help you sort out the settings on server sometime, all are self explanatory but you might need some help with UTCOMP,[ if there are custom Skins for characters loaded on the server then they will show up with a white skin until setup as well as other options ]. If you find a Character skin that you want to use besides the normal stock ones then Captain Tea can load it on the server so we can all see it, here is a great place: http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/
Looking forward to seeing you on the server soon :) :) :)

also rizz, if you have xfire let us know your name, makes it easier to track when we are online or available for a quick match or two. I use the xfire name rsturgill nickname Blackbeard and in case you don't have it installed here is the DL link: http://www.xfire.com/download/

I will load xfire tomorrow before the gameday. I would appreciate a techie to help me reduce my packetloss.. my ping is ok for the UK at around 180 but i get moments where my guy just freezes for a few seconds.

I had a good time playing but i seem to be getting horrid packetloss still. I have tried to fix it and my game runs smooth when offline so its not a graphics thing.

On certain maps it just slows down to a crawl. However the big problem.. every so often it just sticks me to the ground and the screen shakes like i am noclipping.. sometimes i end up in a different place on the map.. I am guessing its a packet thing.. I dunno if tis my end or if its the anti-cheat thing.. is there a way to just check you when you login or does it always do repeated checks?

I had a good time playing but i seem to be getting horrid packetloss still. I have tried to fix it and my game runs smooth when offline so its not a graphics thing.

On certain maps it just slows down to a crawl. However the big problem.. every so often it just sticks me to the ground and the screen shakes like i am noclipping.. sometimes i end up in a different place on the map.. I am guessing its a packet thing.. I dunno if tis my end or if its the anti-cheat thing.. is there a way to just check you when you login or does it always do repeated checks?

I'd say your having severe lag problems. are you wireless? wireless is a no go in my book for fast twitch gaming.
the repeated check comes from the lag. you were here then your over there. so it picks up on to fast of movements and gunfire lag. I used to get a lot on dial up. knowing good and well i didn't have any cheats. :)

are you creating your own wireless using a modem. if so then it should have a hookup for a wired system just to experiment.

I have seen your problems on the server rizz, the problem is that it could be the routing your ISP uses to get to our server, Luckily there are a few ways to check this: First join a server in the UK or Europe with a average ping around 80 to 100, if your Freezes or glitching still occurs then you might want to verify your Internet speed, the second way to test this is with a program like Visual Route : http://www.archive.org/details/tucows_194716_VisualRoute ,This is a traceroute utility for checking connectivity problems. It shows the connection points on a large world map so you can see the actual physical routing of your connection. It also compiles and graphs data regarding the connection or Ping Plotter : http://www.archive.org/details/tucows_306498_Ping_Plotter
, This is a graphical ping and trace route utility. It creates visual and historical graphs of performance to pinpoint problems and see ranges of responses and trends, using multiple threads to trace all hops for performance improvements over standard trace routes. Using one of these will let you see if there is a bad or weak connection along the route, I hope these help Identify the problem area :)

It IS my wireless, i just played plugged in and got no problems.. the lag also seemed more "real" so i am guessing the wireless is just trying too hard then wigging out.

I have to get hold of a long network cable, hopefully i can get one from work.

Glad you got that sorted out rizz, problems from Lag or Hardware are not fun to deal with and even more frustrating if you can't find the source :)

Back