Veteran's Day 2013

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
I don't know how many Veterans we have in CGA, but I know there are some, even active duty need to be thanked and remembered. Whether they were draftees, yes there are a number still around, or volunteers they did the job required. Much is owed to these men and women. Yes firefighters, police, and other service providers need to be remembered, a number of those also served in the military first, before switching to civilian service. More than just saying thank you one day a year be active in letting our legislators know not to forget them. Only about 23% of lawmakers have served in the military, so they forget easy. Or get into a visitation program at a local VA medical center, or seek out other ways of saying thank you. And of course don't forget to pray for active duty, and veterans. Many veterans deal with issues related to their service and need prayer for dealing with it, and pray for veteran spouses while at it, they too are struggling with those issues in a different way. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in arms who have served, and continue to serve.

I am veteran of the US Army. I am proud to have served this great country, and I thank those that have also served, now or in the past.

o7

I'm sending out a heartfelt thanks to all our veterans, without whom we would not be free to publicly practice our faith and worship our Savior without fear of reprisal from our government.

Back