Video game lore challenge!

Azzie

I wish to compile a list of the greatest/most famous video game characters that can match each WoW class that are NOT from the warcraft or Blizzard universe.

However, I can't seem to find perfect matches for every class since some classes are underrepresented in other games. So--creative minds of Redeemed--LEND ME UR BRAINZ

I'm looking not necessarily for the most powerful of each class but also the most recognizable. If the character itself is not recognizable to the average ear, the franchise the character is from at least should be. Also, try to keep the choices as recent as possible.

Try to avoid characters that can cross-over multiple classes, like don't put down Link from Zelda or Geralt of Rivia since they're "multi class" characters.

Here is my preliminary list. Not all characters really match their class (ie master chief is not a hunter...) so give me a hand. These are just names that first came to my head:

Warrior - Kratos, God of War
Rogue - Altair Ibn La-Achad, Assassin's Creed
Hunter - Master Chief, Halo
Mage - Elminster, Dungeons & Dragons Universe
Druid - Jaana, Ultima
Shaman - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid
Priest - Uhh...Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid? He does mind control and face melt and all...
Paladin - Leon Belmont, Castlevania
Death Knight - Cecil, Final Fantasy IV
Warlock - Ammon Jerro, Neverwinter Nights 2

Last edited:
Master Chief should be Paladin. He pwns at everything. Replace him as Hunter with (here comes the joke...) Pokemon Trainer. :D

But Master Chief doesn't have a pet, so you've gotta find something with a pet, and that uses a gun/bow. Like Aidan from Guild Wars or something.

Master Chief should be Paladin.

But Master Chief doesn't have a pet, so you've gotta find something with a pet, and that uses a gun/bow. Like Aidan from Guild Wars or something.

That's kind of a hard part about the WoW hunter. The original archetype for the hunter is basically the guy that uses a bow; the pet is almost specifically a Warcraft thing.

Aidan from Guild Wars is a pretty good one. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for; those who have played other big mmos like DaoC or FFXI should have a lot more input. *cough* Klangy *cough*

KEEP IT UP ALL.

Edit: And uh...Master Chief does have shields and can use sword/hammer, but he does not possess any paladin-like qualities such as religious devotion (the whole Halo franchise can be said to be anti-religion) or "The Light" or whatever.

Need more input on more classes!

Last edited:
I wish to compile a list of the greatest/most famous video game characters that can match each WoW class that are NOT from the warcraft or Blizzard universe.

However, I can't seem to find perfect matches for every class since some classes are underrepresented in other games. So--creative minds of Redeemed--LEND ME UR BRAINZ

I'm looking not necessarily for the most powerful of each class but also the most recognizable. If the character itself is not recognizable to the average ear, the franchise the character is from at least should be. Also, try to keep the choices as recent as possible.

Try to avoid characters that can cross-over multiple classes, like don't put down Link from Zelda or Geralt of Rivia since they're "multi class" characters.

Here is my preliminary list. Not all characters really match their class (ie master chief is not a hunter...) so give me a hand. These are just names that first came to my head:

Warrior - Kratos, God of War
Rogue - Altair Ibn La-Achad, Assassin's Creed
Hunter - Master Chief, Halo
Mage - Elminster, Dungeons & Dragons Universe
Druid - Jaana, Ultima
Shaman - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid
Priest - Uhh...Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid? He does mind control and face melt and all...
Paladin - Leon Belmont, Castlevania
Death Knight - Cecil, Final Fantasy IV
Warlock - Ammon Jerro, Neverwinter Nights 2

Hunter - Drizzt Do'Urden, D&D Forgotten Reams. He has a pet, a huge 600 lb panther.

Druid = Kirby

Mario = Fire Mage

Ninja Gaiden = Rogue

I can think of any more that fit very well.

Pokemon Trainer as Hunter made me laugh though!

Hunter - Drizzt Do'Urden, D&D Forgotten Reams. He has a pet, a huge 600 lb panther.

LOL I totally forgot Drizzt had Gwenywvwersomething as his pet! Good call! That'll be on the list. I guess I always repressed memories of Drizzt being strong in any way ever since I solo'ed him and his whole party back in Baldur's Gate 2...

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden crosses the warrior field a bit too much since he doesn't really use stealth--at least not NEARLY as much as Solid Snake or Altair. I'd actually argue he's more warrior oriented since the gameplay seems to focus on killing things rather than avoiding things.

While I allow some exceptions (like the warrior can have SOME magic ability) There are core essentials to each class that I'm looking for:

Paladin: Knight-ish, armor, holy, "the Light". Anti-evil
Warrior: Just down right smashing, berserking fighter.
Rogue: Stealth and assassinating
Druid: Shape shifting, nature-oriented
Hunter: Pet and ranged attacks, kinda nature-oriented
Priest: Religious in nature, draws power from good or evil. Not really melee based. Hmmm, maybe a "white mage" would fit this category if that helps.
Warlock: Summoned Demons. Lots of them.
Mage: Magic (duh) and very little melee ability.
Shaman: Kind of like the druid but maybe more equipment-based (like Vulcan Raven's gatling gun...)
Death Knight: Opposite of paladin

I'm actually surprised how hard it is to find famous paladins and priests.

Paladin - Basch FFXII

NO!

FF XII IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. I DONT CARE HOW GOOD THE PALLY IS, THE STUPID GAME WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A SHIRTLESS FEMININE PRE-PUBESCENT LOSER WHO HUNTS TOMATOES WILL NOT BE USED IN MY LIST.

(For those of you who don't know, my beef against FFXII is an inside joke between Azami and I.) :p

Back