Wanting to get back into raiding. Bad timing?

BBQSox

I know 4.1 is still a little while off so most groups are probably set right now. I'm thinking of healing. I have both my shaman and priest at 85 in almost full heroic blues (there might be one piece here or there that's still normal mode) and my druid is at 84 with like 1% left until 85. I'm not so big on tanking, especially for a raid atmosphere (and especially on my dk, you do NOT want me tanking on him). I'm cool with dps or healing.

Basically, what I'm wondering is, which class is most likely to be needed by redeemed? What do we need? What do we have the fewest of? Which armor type are we the lowest on (me being selfish)? What sort of buffs are we usually missing, if any?

I pretty much just wanna be useful.

I think we have the least amount of shaman healers (only 1 I think). But we also only have 1.5 priests (cause Ashley doesn't really play Whispyr). I'd say pick whichever healer you enjoy the most and go with that.

Well, are you guys more in need of single target heals or groups heals? My priest is disc, I guess I COULD switch to holy but it would take some learning.

Well, are you guys more in need of single target heals or groups heals? My priest is disc, I guess I COULD switch to holy but it would take some learning.

Holy is the only really raid feasible spec at this point. Holy actually out preforms disc on group healing because you can heal all raid members.

I know there are a few here and there disc priest. but, for pure through put healing holy is the option.

From what I have seen Bliz wants Holy for raids, disc for PvP

I thought they were trying to do away with the "one spec is pvp" idea. I know they're buffing disc. I knew holy was a lot better for raid healing. I just thought disc was better for tanks.

Holy can pretty much cast heal non stop and not lose any mana in raids. Throw in a greater heal or flash when needed.

neither can match Pally heals.

Well, I switched over to holy and gave that a shot. No problems so far. It's not nearly as bad as I remember it being.

It is mostly hard due to needing to be near peeps for some of the heals.

And the slowness of your single target heals compared to every other healing class.

Don't all healers have the same cast times on skills? 1.5 second for the quick expensive heal (flash heal), 3 seconds for the cheap small heal (heal) and 3 seconds for the big beastly heal (Greater Heal)?

Cause I know my paladin and shaman both have the same cast times as my priest does. Druids may be different... I have no idea cause I've never played one haha.

Last edited:
Don't all healers have the same cast times on skills? 1.5 second for the quick expensive heal (flash heal), 3 seconds for the cheap small heal (heal) and 3 seconds for the big beastly heal (Greater Heal)?

I'm pretty sure that's true.

I'm just going off of memory. I could be wrong. I'm thinking my shaman's healing wave goes off a little faster than my priest's heal because of the extra haste from the totem but it's not a big, noticeable difference.

Funny thing is my raid group has 1 healing priest and he much prefers disc over holy. He does more healing and has better mana management. He only switches to holy spec when a boss encounter absolutely requires him to do so. Power Word Barrier and Pain Suppression are win, especially getting into hard mode bosses.

Funny thing is my raid group has 1 healing priest and he much prefers disc over holy. He does more healing and has better mana management. He only switches to holy spec when a boss encounter absolutely requires him to do so. Power Word Barrier and Pain Suppression are win, especially getting into hard mode bosses.

^THIS

disc ftw :p

No one is discounting disc. They are just saying holy is better for raiding. I'm sure you could get away with either one if you're a good player. Plus it would also depend on your other two healing classes within the raid.

Last edited:
I used to think holy was purely superior to disc for raiding but now I think they are on par with each other. As Ashely said it comes down to the individual player and how good they are at the spec.

I'm rolling with holy right now. I might switch to disc after 4.1. Can't wait to see a holy fire atonement. But barrier and shield are both getting nerfed. :(

Back