WAR Beta Impressions

A very good read... I'm rather impressed with quite few inovations mentioned in this article. Namely the fact that you can target TWO players at once, one friendly and one enemy. Once you have them targeted when you cast a heal it automatically casts on the friendly, and if you cast a nuke it casts on the enemy. This isn't really something that another game couldn't do but WoW hasn't done it yet.

The other thing I love is collision detection. I'd heard that WAR would be using this system but didn't know how much actual strategy would be affected by this. It sound like having tanks block doorways and such can really turn the tide of a battle and that's cool. Tanks actually have a purpose in PVP???

A very good read... I'm rather impressed with quite few inovations mentioned in this article. Namely the fact that you can target TWO players at once, one friendly and one enemy. Once you have them targeted when you cast a heal it automatically casts on the friendly, and if you cast a nuke it casts on the enemy. This isn't really something that another game couldn't do but WoW hasn't done it yet.

The other thing I love is collision detection. I'd heard that WAR would be using this system but didn't know how much actual strategy would be affected by this. It sound like having tanks block doorways and such can really turn the tide of a battle and that's cool. Tanks actually have a purpose in PVP???

is this like a /focus that you don't actually have to adjust while you're playing, i.e. is it that each time you click on a friendly player, that becomes your new friendly target? i'm too lazy to read

Yes. You actually have 2 target windows, one for your aggressive target and one for your defensive target. Clicking on a different aggro or friendly character replaces the appropriate target.

If you have no friendly target any beneficial abilities default to you.

gosh guys. stop talking about this game already. i can't wait.

Back