war of the ring

viper3305

hey i bought lord of the rings war of the ring can anyone tell me how it is from a christian perspective??

viper
smile.gif
smile.gif

well I also bought that game and I have beat the game on good side and its good and all on good that is but on evil the orcs say such things such as "I crave flesh!" or "I crave blood!"

Well depends, my father would say it's unnatural, its evil, its from the devil!, dunno he's kind a prejustice.

But the lord of the Rings is actually based on christianity,
The Ring beeing a symbol of Sin in the world, and proving that no one can beat sin alone. and on and on, but for a christan view I can't complain about it.

Well, most Real Time Scenario games have blood when you kill an enemy, but you might be able to turn it off. From my point of view, it's fine. It's just a game, after all.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But the lord of the Rings is actually based on christianity,
Actually, while Lord of the Rings seems to be Christian, J.R.R Tolkien has stated many times it is NOT an allegory.

Tolkien was not adverse to people making it applicable to Christianity.

Allegory = Author is responsible to ensure accuracy between the writting (or other art form) and the subject being allegorized.

Applicable = Allowed readers to openly make connections to subject matters however they saw fit, without pretending to be able to read the authors mind.

Back