Warhammer Dawn of war

I'm probably not because of the M rating. I'm a little dissapointed because i'm a big fan of Warhammer, Shadows of the horned rat and Warhammer: Dark Omen .

Well, I'm not sure exactly what would offend you, but I can see quite a few things in the game that would be questionable for a Christian gamer.

I just try to stay away from M rated games. It is just a pet peeve of mine. I've never played the beta so any comments about the game would be appreated!
biggrin.gif

Well I have to say that it is really a great game. The problem I have is that the RTS genre is getting awfully stale. There really isn't anything new enough to hold my interest, which is why I haven't bought Warcraft III and why I won't buy this game. Get resources, go up the tech tree, fight enemy. That's every RTS game in a nutshell.

If you want general info on the game, go here.

The graphics are amazing, period. You can go from your traditional RTS view and zoom way down into an individual unit and watch the action firsthand. The races seem pretty balanced, and each one has specialized tough "end" units. Huge badass guys that will tear your enemy a new one. It's jawdropping to watch them in action.

There really are a lot of good things about the game, but I just found myself getting bored. This genre really needs a good infusion to pump new life into it.

I will tell you that it deserves the M rating. Once those big bosses get unleased there is a lot of blood and gore. Some of you may have problems with one of the races, the Chaos. There's a lot of demonic things that could turn you off.

i played the Demo, pretty good game. About the bad guys I say Kill em and dont play as em. everybody wins? and the Gore is pretty over the top. and the space marines worship this empreror and say alot things that we say about Jesus to their emperor, so this might turn ya off to.

I liked it, especially how the battles were actually realistic, unlike the usual smack-till-dead unit behavior.

Well you can play as Orks, Chaos marines, eldar other
than humans in Skirmish mode, But singleplayer
campaign theres only the marine side.

ahh ok! I wassa gonna say no point in buying if you can only be space amrines.

BTW how are the other sides? are they like a whole new game to play as? or are they too similar?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Caleb @ Sep. 30 2004,6:19)]Well you can play as Orks, Chaos marines, eldar other
than humans in Skirmish mode, But singleplayer
campaign theres only the marine side.
Whoa...that kinda sucks...

Most rts games usually let you play all sides in the campaign...

Is it especially long or something?

Back