WARNING Err=005

Dauntless

Hey guys I just wanted to warn you all(mostly East Coast players as it seems it's only effecting us) that you may not be able to play some or all of your characters depending on where they are on the map. I've already gotten 2 characters stuck in the Vizunah Square(Foreign Quarter) Mission. What happens is that the character gets to Vizunah Square and then as the screen is on the loading page it stays there at 0% loaded until it timesout and gives you an err=005 which it explains to be some kind of network routing or server error. Now there was scheduled maintinance on the servers scheduled for YESTERDAY but it seems that something got screwed up along the lines. From talking to people on guildwarsguru and in game it seems to be isolated to the east coast. I'm sure Anet will fix this soon but I just warn any of you who are on your way to Vizunah Square to just log off and quit for now just in case if in the unlikely chance that our characters are stuck for good(I HIGHLY doubt that but its better to be safe than sorry). If you live on teh East Coast I would'nt suggest playing any of your characters until they resolve this. I'll continue to get my Ranger and Necro through as they are the 2 that are stuck already. If I can get them out of there and It's safe to do so I'll let you all know if they don't post an update on the login screen or the official site. I'll keep you posted on anything that happens.

EDIT: It appears that the issue is NOT just East Coast specific. I would suggest EVERYONE stays off until they resolve this. You may play fine you may not but I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
I talked to a few people in game and it appears to be both. Most are having trouble with the Canthan zones but I taked to some people who are stuck in Ascalon and Yakk's bend. I can't get any of my working characters back to Tyria either so it seems its both Tyria and Cantha.

Hey OT question. What is the easiest way to isolate your Toons like that for you sig? It looks so smooth.

Rho

Manyik said:
Hey OT question. What is the easiest way to isolate your Toons like that for you sig? It looks so smooth.

Rho
It takes a little work with Photoshop's Magic Wand and Eraser tools.

astrod00d said:
It takes a little work with Photoshop's Magic Wand and Eraser tools.

Actually I prefer manually selection over the wand. Just select the character, invert selection, hit delete and voila character cut out.

The plainer and more contrasting the background is, the better the results will be.

And there's always Quick Mask mode, too, if your pic won't cooperate.

debates making a image for all my characters...

well any of the super dark areas you stumble around blindly in factions works great...

Back