Warrior Pvp Spec-Pre & Post BC

Darkpanda

Currently lvling a warrior with the intent towards Pvp glory. Love the class as was my first 60 on another server. Was a fury warrior, but decided to take a different tack this time round.

Here is was I am considering for a PvP pre BC(Not that I have enough time to reach it)

35 Arms/5 Fury/11 Prot

And here the spec filled out to 70

41 Arms/ 9 fury / 11 prot

This is, of course, not the typical MS build of old. But with Tactical mastery moved over to the prot tree, you lose alot of the old utility of the MS build. Stance dancing will become problematic. So my choice is to lose some of the damage potential of the MS build in order to retain and exceed the utility of the former build.

The further gains of Imp. Bloodrage(addtional 6 rage on top of regular gains), 10% increase of armor(or +20 defence), and the most important gain of Last Stand(temporarily gain 30% of max hp) really increases the warriors survivability.

Depending of your choices in the fury tree you stand to lose blood craze(3% health regen over 6 secs when critted) & AoE daze(will miss that) or Imp. Battle shout. And of course enrage(increased damage output when critted). The offsets are in the upper teirs in arms with the gain of Second Wind(20 rage & 10% health regen over 10sec when stunned or immobilized), immunity to disarm, imp. Mortal Strike(reduced cooldown and damage increase), and Endless rage(25% increased rage from damage dealt).

So you gain Increased utility & rage generation in exchange for raw damage output when critted. To me this seems to be a good trade off. And I honestly feel this could be a cookie cutter build at 70.

Anyways, this is my planned route. Just wanted to run it by any pvping warriors who may have opinions on the matter.

Heres a
video of a build that uses 11 points in prot as I have. He is a two handed fury warrior that is showcasing Imp.Slam ability in the fury tree. But, it also showcases the power of last stand in PvP(both arena and BGs)

Sean aka. Darkpanda

Back