Wat is Your Favorite Bible Verse

my favorite verse is hebrews 10:32-39
32But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings,

33partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated.

34For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.

35Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.

36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE,
HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
38BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;
AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.

39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

I was reading 1st Cor a few weeks ago and stumbled upon 13:4-7. And I felt like this is something that I should memorize. So I think I finally got it down and I guess it could be considered a favorite verse. God said to memorize it to me.

"Love is patient and kind. It is not selfish, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not jealous and it does not get upset with others. Love does not count up the wrongs that have been done. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices in truth. Love patiently accepts all things. Love always trusts, always hopes and always endures."

Needed to cheat one the last two always. Just "memorized" that part last night. But I'm happy.

Well...I have 2...and I can't pick between both of em, so I'll just quote both of em.

18 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hopse is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.
20 We wait in hope for the Lord, he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.

~ Psalms 33:18-22

7b Therefore,in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

~ 2nd Corinthians 12:7b-10

Oh I forgot, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but idk if anyone outside of SOE knows, but in the Guild Announcement (the thing that pops up from the guild every time you log on) I try to have a short scripture in there every Sunday, and it stays there for the rest of the week. So if you guys have any favorite verses that are short and sweet they could find there way into the SOE bulletin.

There are lots of great verses that I enjoy in the Bible, but James 1:2-3 is one that frequently comes to mind. "Consider it pure joy my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, for you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

Since you asked...mine is in my sig. :)

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Back