Website update

techwhosaysnee

Perhaps it was already mentioned on the forum. But I don't remeber seeing anything about the website getting an overhaul. (This may be way past due as I don't go to the SOE site often... or didn't)

I like it!

Astrod00d did a great job with the site. There were a few posts about it when it went live, I'm surprised you didn't see them. Now all that remains is using it more. Personally, I keep forgetting to go log in and update/add stuff.

Somebody said there was a list of all clan members, that had their character names 'n stuff? I haven't been able to find it, can somebody direct me? Also, when I login, my name shows up under the "who's online" box, but it still display the "login box", and when I click on my name in the "who's online" box, I get a message saying I'm not authorized to view the page. Meh?? (user name: Shagz)

Shagz said:
Somebody said there was a list of all clan members, that had their character names 'n stuff? I haven't been able to find it, can somebody direct me? Also, when I login, my name shows up under the "who's online" box, but it still display the "login box", and when I click on my name in the "who's online" box, I get a message saying I'm not authorized to view the page. Meh?? (user name: Shagz)

Try loggin in a second time. Usually 2 times does it. It's a bug that Astrod00d is aware of, but not sure, at the moment, how to fix it.

DZwart said:
Astrod00d did a great job with the site. There were a few posts about it when it went live, I'm surprised you didn't see them. Now all that remains is using it more. Personally, I keep forgetting to go log in and update/add stuff.

I've been AWOL from the forums for a bit. First I started taking some new meds that made me hyper focused, and therefore to busy for gaming... and then I got my wisdom teeth out.

Yes, there are currently two big bugs on the site that are really putting a damper on it. The first one is the double login bug. Unfortunately for some reason, you have to actually login twice. I'm hoping that upgrading to the next release of Joomla will fix this problem. I don't know exactly when the next release will be though.

The other bug is a doozy. As of about 2 weeks ago, the site mysteriously went offline one day and when it came back, file uploads are no longer possible. Not even from the backend of the site. The only file uploading that works is through ftp. This is most likely a permissions problem introduced by the web server and Plankeye is hopefully looking into it. This problem is the reason that you can't upload pictures. You should still be able to edit stuff and post articles but anything that is related to uploading doesn't work right now.

Has any of the leaders requested any new boards for the GW chapter? I would suggest maybe a PVP board, General Discussion board, PVE board, and Website Discussion board. We have so many members now that some threads are dropping off the first page within a day or so.

astrod00d said:
The other bug is a doozy. As of about 2 weeks ago, the site mysteriously went offline one day and when it came back, file uploads are no longer possible. Not even from the backend of the site. The only file uploading that works is through ftp. This is most likely a permissions problem introduced by the web server and Plankeye is hopefully looking into it. This problem is the reason that you can't upload pictures. You should still be able to edit stuff and post articles but anything that is related to uploading doesn't work right now.
Whew! Thought it was just me! I tried it on two macs and three pcs, using three different web browsers, and couldn't get it to work. I thought I was losing my mind!

I'm pleased to announce that the problems with the website are mysteriously gone! Logins and uploads are working properly and it's even a little faster. I guess some maintenance was done on the server or something. Let's hope it lasts! I'm going to add some things soon so check it often. I've already added a Private Message system. Get in there and update your profiles and let's get some more content flowing.

azuresun said:
Builds submitted for approval, sir!
Approved! Actually, guild members don't require approval of most content. You simply have to set it to 'Published' on the 'Publishing' tab at the bottom of the editor.

I noticed that your articles weren't formatted. When you click on 'Submit Article', does a WYSIWYG editor show up or just a text box? A WYSIWYG editor will have a lot of buttons above it which make formatting easier. I went ahead and edited the Critical Barrage one. You can further edit it yourself. Just play around with it if you want. You can always edit articles posted by yourself.

Yep, I had a fancy editor. My lack of skills in the formating department is to blame. I'll fix those right up. Thanks for the tips!

Back