Wednesday July 10, 2013

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”
Genesis 22:12 ESV

I was reading my devotional and today's stuck out to me. Being willing to sacrifice, even if we're not required to is part of Christian life.

The road ahead for the persecuted church is steep and may be long. For over two thousand years, many have been motivated by evil in their opposition to the gospel of Christ. As Christians we must be willing to pay a price - even if we are never required to do so. This is the lesson of Abraham's life. He was willing to sacrifice Isaac - through whom the blessing was going to come. Being willing to sacrifice for our commitment to Christ makes us stronger. The idea of sacrifice clarifies our goals. Sacrifice solidifies our character. Commitments that cost us something change our family, our neighborhood, and our world for Christ. We learn how strong we really can be. Although we don't wish to lose that which we hold dear - we strive to remain undeterred in our devotion, despite any circumstances.

Sacrifice can be a challenging part of the Christian walk. Who is that quote from?

Back