Weekend Questing?

Weekend Questing? - How often do you play WoW?

• Every night

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • 4-5 times per week

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 2-3 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekends only

• Once per week

• Total voters

SlavidZee

Hey people, it's nice to join you all at this forum. I am very interested in checking this game out, but I find the fee to be a bit scary. I wonder if there are any less-frequent players out there, and whether you guys think it's worth the 15/month price tag. I'm not even sure I want to jump into a $50 -one month trial.
I'm a full-time doctoral student, so I may just be a total fool for even considering getting int WoW. Got any advice?

I am pretty busy too and I think it is worth it. I have a wife and an 8 month old daughter which require a lot of my time. I also own a small software company; we are in the middle of a major "make or break" us project right now. I don't get to play as much as I would like, but I thoroughly enjoy it when I do get to play.

You may want to try it out first though and see if it is right for you. If you know someone who bought the collector's edition, they should have a 10 day free trial you can use. I have the collector's edition and a trial cd key you can use if you like, but you will have to find some way to install the game first. I think the beta installation is still available for download somewhere...

If you do get the game be sure to create an Alliance character on the "Illidan" realm or a Horde character on the "Cenarius" realm so you can join us. We have the best guild in the game.
smile.gif
Good luck.

I find I play pretty much every night and every morning.

There is so much to do. If you have a big block of time...there are huge intercontinental quests and dungeons to do. If you have a few hours...there are smaller quests that require you to kill so many mobs or lot items. If you have an hour or less in the morning like I do, you can use that time to check on auctions, sell items, travel to your next adventure area, do a quest that requires you to go from A to B and talk to person Z.

Coming from a regular student (and u're a full time "doctral" student), i'd say pass on this game. MMORPG requires you to invest time in em...any role playing game where you have to build your character over time. Its going to be hard for you to play with the same people as they will most likely play it every night.

Im a student and i dont play it Nearly as much as i thought i would. =P The leveling system in wow is great. You level mostly from quests you get, so the hardest part of leveling is finding certain things in the quests life cities or npc and mobs, but most of us can help you with that. Also, after a certain amount of time your character gets to be "rested". That means that the longer you Dont play the character, the longer you get the 200% exp bonus. Its really nice, but it doesnt work for the quests, you get it from killing mobs while your doing quests or just soloing. $50 is a big jump, but i like the game and these people are the best, youll never be able to find a better guild.

Thanks for the info, guys!
I must share, I've just been so bored lately, and I think my spiritual life suffers when I'm down in the dumps for so long (I've been recovering from an appendectomy). But recently, I've felt a little convicted about my focus on what I need to do in the present, rather than constantly wringing my hands about the future. That, and knowing my tendency to get obsessed with certain games (see: Frozen Throne), leads me to think taking up WoW may not be the wisest decision. Like Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12
I know he was talking about sexual immorality, but I think it applies. Video games are good, but they have a time and place. I guess I'm learning that being a good Christian involves a lot of practical wisdom.

So I know this isn't exactly the ideal post for a WoW forum, but eh. Maybe I can be an example of someone who considered, and then backed out?
tounge.gif

Back