Weird message

Priest

Hey everyone...I received a strange, out of the blue message from someone called "Elena" on here, saying something about she wrote a book and her boyfriend and her made a bet and other nonsense. Does anyone know anything about this? Under her name it says "banned," so should I just delete it ot what?

It was a mass spam message to everyone, the admins might say something bout it but it was a minor thing.

I received it too - it did say "banned" on the email. This was one area on my computer I was not getting spam. So much for that.

I admin several sites. Really, you can't totally keep people from doing stuff, without locking it down so much that it makes the members jump through hoops and bogs down the admins.

I agree with MM, i once was admin over a mytholgy RP-site...lemme say, waste of time, waste of effort, waste of money. Despite having a fair amount of rules and that to keep spam and that to a minimum..well...let's just say i shut it down in 2 months..

Hey everyone...I received a strange, out of the blue message from someone called "Elena" on here, saying something about she wrote a book and her boyfriend and her made a bet and other nonsense. Does anyone know anything about this? Under her name it says "banned," so should I just delete it ot what?

Me too, I got spammed. The book is kinda inappropriate too >_>

It was a mass spam message to everyone, the admins might say something bout it but it was a minor thing.
The user who sent the mass spam has since been banned and CGA staff is reviewing the incident to figure out how to prevent the same thing from happening again in the future.

May I suggest that you should NEVER, EVER follow links in random, suspicious messages you receive, either by email or by PM?

I would think this thread has outlived its usefulness, as there is a topic in CGA general as well as here, and the matter is not so much a mystery anymore.

Back