what does your computer area look like

My desk is a 3-piece desk. Currently it is set up as an L-Shaped Desk, but it can be set up in a linear format. One the raised platform in the back is the Monitor. The speakers are on either side. The keyboard is on a pull out in the center and the mouse sits on the desk top itself (it was kinda awkward at first, but you get use to it). To my left is my vertical scanner. The tower is at my feet a, but far enough back to give me room. To my right is the printer and below it is what used to be the…Filing Cabinet of Doom. <pause for dramatic affect> We cleaned it out into the Filing Box of Doom in the garage and currently have CD’s and electrical stuff in that drawer.
The desk is relatively cleared off, but it used to be covered with all sorts of papers.

My desk

My office is pretty small (it's my son's old bedroom before he outgrew it), about 10x10, with 2 computer desks, mine and my wife's more standard computer desk, and a small bookcase. I run 2 PCs on my desk, my gaming machine and my server. It also has room for my HP PSC1350, my Axim and cradle, and my Promedia speakers and sub. It also has a large filing cabinet in the bottom with my finances for the last 3 years in it. The only thing is it is too big for the doors, so I have to take it apart every time I move it.

My wife's desk is big enough for her monitor, antec lansing speakers, and an HP 450ci printer. Her sub and case sit on the bottom rack of the desk. The bookcase is matched to her desk and just contains family pictures, a few computer books, and my router.

We definitely need to find more storage in that room, some of my stuff is still sitting in the master closet. A KVM helped a bit (best investment in the world if you are running a couple PCs at a time with a small space) and we splurged for LCD monitors a while back that gave us a lot more real estate. (Previously had a 17", 19", and 21" CRT on her desk alone.) I'll get pics later, it's a good setup but I'm always open to better ideas.

yes well i want to build a desk i want to fit a 4u rackmount in it and 5 computers and 6 monters lol ya id have to take up 2 walls tho

yes well i want to build a desk i want to fit a 4u rackmount in it and 5 computers and 6 monters lol ya id have to take up 2 walls tho

I am going to laugh when he goes to college.

3u is a much better match for a desktop like, 1u is much more fun to build tho.

I should just get a rack :p that would solve my second desk issue

Back