What game do you keep coming back to?

SSquared

I thought I'd start a new 'ice breaker' type of topic. What game(s) do you come back to once in awhile? A game you don't constantly play, but every so often, you gotta have the nostagic feeling back and you pop that game (or floppy
laugh.gif
) in your computer.

For me, it's Total Annihilation and, amazingly enough, Star Wars: Racer. Behind them is probably Age of Empires/Kings.

Dues Ex, Starcraft, Diablo 2 I hardly ever play any of them but every once in a while i get the need to play.

what game dont I keep going back to, sheesh, zelda OOT for one, that never ends, I've now become addicted to morrowind and its neverending gameplay/possibilities, and theyre coming out with another expansion >_< I will never get away. Kings quest games, ones that still work anyway. I cannot stay away from any of the mechwarrior games. C&C Renegade, do not talk about the fall of westwood, I am still in mourning. Blasted ea only bought them so they could have the command and conquer name then destroy the company and its employees, pfft, microsoft wannabes. Starseige! Shame my earthsiege 2 cd dissapeared, trixsy. I went through FF7 a few times so far, will probably go through it again. Did I mention I need a bigger hard drive? Or maybe a real life anyway. All games in the myst series are the sheeznat, and I will sack anyone who says otherwise. I cannot help but to try to play through nox and play out every possibility, its a real problem... I think I'll just stop now before I mention most of the games I actually own that still work. Yep, I need to get out more. Gaming = The Life substitute, kind of like sweet and low, the sugar substitute. Near as I can tell neither are healthy.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 at the arcades
I've spent so much money handing people's butts back to them from newbies to advanced players and getting my butt handed back to me by a few elite players.

I basically like all old vintage games...they crack me up with their 16/256 color and 3.5" floppy disks. I like all dem's old Sierra Adventure games, especially Quest for Glory series. I like the Baldur's Gate series a lot too, but haven't beaten it yet.

Unfortunately, I have to work for a living or else I would be all over games.

One game that I am totally addicted to is Counter-Strike. No matter how mad I get sometimes (I just broke my $50 optical mouse) I keep coming back for more pwning and pwnage.

One game that I will totally be getting for the PC is Splinter Cell. I played the demo and it was love at first sight. I like all Tom Clancy's games, actually.

Starcraft.

smile.gif

on the subject of splinter cell, I played the xbox demo and really liked it. I went down and rented Metal Gear Solid 2 this week, and I tell ya, that is an awsome game. If the full splinter cell is anything like it, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Cory

I'd say that I keep coming back to Starcraft and TeamFortress Classic...but I never really left them. ^_^;;

From time to time I open my PC Nintedo Emulator and Play TECMO Bowl
biggrin.gif
I'd say thats the oldest game i play often. Its screaming 8 bit graphics Rock!!!

For Online its Global Operations. It has its netcode problems but all in all was a great game and the first online game I got really obsesed with. I still play it a couple times a month.

nah man its all about the Old SNES systems man FF3 and Contra 3 Alien Wars also the mega Tetrus (WOOT WOOT) oh and never ever should u leave out the Zelda...... and mario hehe.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
kicking it tru old school
cool.gif
cool.gif

Wow! Pretty cool. I looked up a few of these games and their release dates. It's amazing how some of these games still have so much active life in them.

Stracraft - 2/28/1998 (coming up to 5 years in a few days)
Total Annihilation - 9/30/1997
Half-Life - 10/31/1998
Deus Ex - 6/27/2000
Marathon 2 - 9/5/1996

I think it's great how older games are still getting played and still have a large user community.

Well, I have done a bit of research on Marathon, but I got all the release dates from Gamespot. I found out Total Annihilation and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces were released the same day. How cool is that? Two of my faves!!!!

Jedi Knight 2 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, though at the moment, all is overshadowed by the RPG behemoth that is Morrowind.

Back