What game do you keep coming back to?

I gotta say Tiger Woods 2003. No matter how many hours I play of Neverwinter Nights. I can still play a round of golf. I guess cuz I can't golf outside with all this snow.

cheers

It's hard to pick just one game, but that's how I read the title :)

For me, it would have to be Mechcommander Gold (Or Mechcommander: Desperate Measures if you prefer).  It's an awesome game ... the sprite graphics are beautiful, absolutely mindblowing at the maximum zoom level, and it has a tactical depth, especially in multiplayer, that the sequel (by Microsoft) never recaptured.  Because it uses spites and not rendered 3D, it will run on almost any box. (Released 31/8/99)

I'm convinced I'm the only person I know who played this, and still plays it ... ah, the good old days when you could still get a decent game online! :p

Catchya,

Brak :)

I played the original MC and MC2 .I didnt find the tactics all that pleasing really. MW4 tactics were so much better in my opinion. I am a mech monkey, fo sho!

Modding was my love. Especially in multiplayer ... fielding 12 MC-A's on 600k either
[*]Scares people, or
[*]Makes them cry 'Cheat'!

Actually, it's funny that you should mention MW4, as it was my 'Nostalgia' for the Merc unit I was a member of during the hay-day of MC that made me go out and buy MW4:Mercs ... have to say, I really like the way they've put the mechlab together ... and I still get comments like 'What the heck have you got on that thing?' and such when LANing ... so it's all good!

Still feel proud of salvaging the MC on Mission 3 of the Orig. campaign, too. :)

Catchya,

Brak :)

I havnt been able to play MW4 since I got dsl
mad.gif
mechwarrior games are without any doubt my favorite. Many times people also cried "Cheat!" when I used to play like there was no tommorow. I had enough mech variants to last for eternity. There was nothing more hillariously then when I'd kill veteran players using flamers and arty beacons, now those were matches! Major humiliationz. I wasnt very, err, popular. Eventually I played to the point nobody would play me or my unit for fear of hurting their records. Thats uh, usually a sign to let you know your playing a wee bit too much. Just a wee bit. Okay, maybe more then a bit. Or, maybe way, way too much fits better, yeah, that works. This is why when I game now, I use TMPs and the like.

I always gotta pull out my Unreal tournament game. I've had many good online frags and I still have fun in that game, both levels and in custom maps w/bots.

Then occationally I'll pull out Final Fantasy 8 for the PC (I love the storyline and the in-game movies).

Sometimes I even pull out the ole Hero's Quest game. Now that was a fun adventure.

Hero's Quest aka "Quest for Glory" or the original Hero Quest game? If "Quest for Glory", then you rock. I love all those old Sierra adventure games. I've been collecting them, and my collection is almost complete.

I bought the King's Quest Collection about 5 years ago for $35, I think. I just sold it on eBay for about $125. Unbelievable how much that game is still in demand...

Back