What game do you WISH women would play?

ishylynn

In the same vein as all the other gender equality threads, what game do you want to see more women playing, and/or what games do you wish the women in your life would play with you?

Counter-strike
Starcraft
Guild wars (actually getting out of pre-sear and playing the game)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
all of the above in such a way to just play a game and care and have passion for it >.>

I wish I could get my girlfriend to play Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3... I guess any first person shooter would make me smile! But what the heck, Viva Pinata is fun!

<insert stupid sexist joke>
</offtopic>

IMO it doesn't really matter, the person I am shooting up doesn't have to be of a particular sex for it to be enjoyable. Though it was always entertaining to have a female in TS as it gives you a different perspective on things (Well when we weren't picking on them, sorry MM :p).

So in the end it should really be up to the person to choose what they enjoy and play it.

<insert stupid sexist joke>
</offtopic>

IMO it doesn't really matter, the person I am shooting up doesn't have to be of a particular sex for it to be enjoyable. Though it was always entertaining to have a female in TS as it gives you a different perspective on things (Well when we weren't picking on them, sorry MM :p).

So in the end it should really be up to the person to choose what they enjoy and play it.

But one complaint in one of the other threads is that many women won't even try a game, so I'm asking what should we at least try....

C&C, StarCraft, Dawn of War...

RTS in general I suppose. Though for all I know, I could have been pwning and getting pwned numerous times by women in C&C... I just haven't met any C&C players in RL.
I HAVE met a woman UT player. Though oddly enough that's the only game she plays or is even remotely interested in.

I played Starcraft for a long time, but the last time I loaded it, it seemed a little "old school", I dunno. I also prefer to play against the computer, even if I'm playing with other players.

Personally i wouldn't mind any game. As long as its multi-player and we both like it i'm fine with that.

1. Team Fortress 2
  2. Unreal Tournament 3
  3. Starcraft
  4. Unreal Tournament 2004
  5. Mario Kart DS
Unfortunately, my 17" widescreen notebook is the only computer we have capable of playing TF2 and UT3 with a decent framerate.

But I do wish my wife would play Mario Kart DS with me more often. :(

My husband really wishes I would play Diablo II with him.

Oh wait, that was before I started playing it almost three years ago... :)

My husband wishes I liked Mario Kart; I know that. I tried it, but hated it. Mainly I enjoyed engineering crashes...

I am friends with several girls that play games, but none of them like FPSs, which is a shame since it is my first and truest love in the hobby. Genres that we both like generally boil down to twitch platformers (Ninja Gaiden, Mario), 2D shooters (Gradius), MMOs (mostly GW and WoW), and rhythm games (Rock Band and DDR are both huge hits around here regardless of sex). All of the females I know could mop the floor with me in RTS games, but I don't really go for them.

As long as the women don't cheat in the games they play.

When my sister played Starcraft, I had to give her the cheats so that she would play, but even with Power Overwhelming cheat, she couldn't kill the computers. :p

In CS, I have met some women "couple" hackers back when ToJ had their server. 2 others that didn't hack, played on GFC server, them Vs me. :confused:

I faced a few women in SC ladder matches back in the old days and yes, they did beat me.

I think the problem of having women in games is that the men get distracted that they forget about the game and focus of impressing them. Especially with Guys Vs Girls CS matches. -_-

So, to answer the thread's question, No, I do not WISH women would play. It doesn't matter who I play with, as long as they can play good and without cheats.

dude ok so ive played card games, monopoly, and other board games with girls, they truly can be more competitive than guys and will cheat. and they think they can get away with too and sadly enough they usually can >_<

I think the problem of having women in games is that the men get distracted that they forget about the game and focus of impressing them. Especially with Guys Vs Girls CS matches. -_-

Because getting 10 head shots will definately make a girl like you.
lol.. guys are dumb sometimes

I think the problem of having women in games is that the men get distracted that they forget about the game and focus of impressing them.

Do you think that will work for me in PvP? Last time one of the teams found out there was a real female on our team I got lewd suggestions, not attempts to impress me...

dude ok so ive played card games, monopoly, and other board games with girls, they truly can be more competitive than guys and will cheat. and they think they can get away with too and sadly enough they usually can >_<

Try playing with women with integrity, then.

I've played with plenty of guys that try to cheat or try to argue their way of out of losing a point or other loss in the game and then throw a tantrum when it doesn't go their way. My brother does this in almost every game I play with him.

I think stereotyping is a very good reason why girls probably don't want to play with you. And by the way...I've never used a hack or mod when playing Starcraft, and I've never played with or against another female.

Because getting 10 head shots will definately make a girl like you.
lol.. guys are dumb sometimes

Unfortunately, I can't make 10 headshots (In a regular game). I can make 10 continuous kills, I have done it with a Scout on cs_italy. :cool:

Do you think that will work for me in PvP? Last time one of the teams found out there was a real female on our team I got lewd suggestions, not attempts to impress me...

If Diablo 2/Exp was gender specific, it would make it a lot easier for me. To see many Amazons, Assassins and Sorceresses, it can be very hard to tell if it is a guy or girl playing that character.

I hate PvP. Ok, your right, guys do lewd towards girls, especially in the rare cases of them not playing that game. Honestly, I wouldn't lewd to you, as you are married!

I've played with plenty of guys that try to cheat or try to argue their way of out of losing a point or other loss in the game and then throw a tantrum when it doesn't go their way. My brother does this in almost every game I play with him.

I think stereotyping is a very good reason why girls probably don't want to play with you. And by the way...I've never used a hack or mod when playing Starcraft, and I've never played with or against another female.

Does this look like I have a tantrum? ;)

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16020

Although, if you taunt or trash-talk, I'll have to consider you, hostile and offensive.

its good you don't cheat, I'm saying from experience, the ones I have played, some of the women cheat.

How I am suppose to know a game I play happens to have girls and guys playing together? I only realize that when girls start voice-chatting or admitted they are girls, to the other guys, not me!

If I happen to of killed a girl in CS and my teammates tell me why I killed her, its because I'm playing a game! I've shot and killed some of the women in GFC CS server, so have they towards me.

It doesn't matter if they like me or not, all I am doing is gaming. If you hate me, so what? No harm, no foul, ma'am.

I don't think anyone else ever said anything about hating anyone...I also don't hear anyone taunting or trash-talking.

I would consider my marital status immaterial. Random people online don't know I'm married; lewd suggestions are inappropriate either way, I think.

Men women they all cheat about the same lol. Gender does not matter when it comes to cheating. It just should not happen.

Back