What IF there were explosives in the 9/11 towers?

What I meant by missing plane is not that there wasn't any plane parts there, it's that a 757 supposedly hit the pentagon and all you see is little scraps and a wheel. Last time I checked, 757's were not made out of pepsi cans. Even if the 757 hit the building and completely shattered, I would think the pentagon would sustain MUCH more damage than what it did. If planes supposedly took down the twin towers, you would think that if one flew into the side of the pentagon, it would do a little more damage then what's seen.

Much more damage? The Pentagon is actually a series of buildings, one around the outside of each of the next. The plane that hit the building penetrated 3 of the reinforced structures. How is that not significant damage?

In other words, you have no answer for this? If there was unmistakable evidence that a 757 flew into the pentagon, why wouldn't they release the tape to prove all these conspiracy theories wrong? Now-a-days, it's fairly easy to manipulate video tapes.
No, I addressed this. I don't know the specific laws and regulatory statutes around it, but the government has no legal right to release the videotape evidence to the general public. The gas station still techincally owns the tape, and everything on it. The tape was kept as evidence for the trials, investigations, etc. I don't know who currently owns that tape.

I understand everything you have said, but looking at different fires across the world, venezuela/madrid, those fires lasted longer and the steel beams were still intact.
Yes, but those fire did not involve hundreds of gallons of jet fuel. Apples and Oranges. Class A Combustibles do not generate the same exothermic reaction on rapid oxydation as Jet Fuel. There's a reason that we don't use wadded up paper or even gasoline to make jets fly.

Even so, let's say the buildings did collapse because of the fire, why would it fall like it had no resistance on it's way down, and why would it fall in a straight line down? If the steel beams were damaged where the planes entered, you'd think there'd be less resistance at those places, so the top of the buildings would topple over towards the entrance points.

Two different things here. Typical construction (like houses, small office buildings, etc) are built so that the exterior wall makes up a sigificant portion of the load-bearing structure. Meaning, if you knock out a wall, the building will fall down towards the damaged side

However, the WTC Towers were built so that the strongest part of the structure were the elevator and service shafts in the core of the building. Then, the rest of the structure (office space on each floor) was built hanging off the side of that (imagine a series of giant teeter-totters perfectly balance in the middle.) Talon was right, there is a small amount of structural support that comes from the glass, but not much. When the buildings start to fall, they *should* collapse into the service shafts.... from the center outward. Then, the weight becomes too great for the glass panels to hold, and the building appears to dissolve. One of the towers didn't fall in this manner because the damage occurred lower...and the area above the damage broke free and pushed the rest of the structure down. (the top teeter-totter fell on one side, causing the rest of them to drop due to changes in the balance)

You contradict yourself here; "I'm not saying there couldn't have been bombs." - "anyone that would bring such a rediculous bit of information forward as evidence that there were bombs will find themselves at the top of my illogical list"

The freefall concept is logical enough for me to at least have an open mind about the possibility that there could have been bombs in the buildings to collapse them both in a controlled manner.

You abridged a quote to misrepresent what I said. That's not very nice at all. I'm not saying that it was impossible that bombs were used. I said I don't believe it because I've been given no proof that really supports that claim in a way that explains the events of the collapses *better* than what I've been taught in my classes. Granted I never learned the specifics of what would happen if an airplane hit a building with 200 times the kinetic force that it was designed to take, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out from there. (I can get specific data (including energy potentials) regarding the kinetic forces, if you'd like).

I also said that anyone that quotes a person that works in the water division of U.L. on his guesses to engineering practices (when he has no education in engineering) is just not bringing factual information to the table. There have been numerous investigations by engineers, architects... in short: professionals in the field that actually applies. The phrase "it sounded like a bomb went off" in no way gives any evidence at all that there was a bomb. That just means that there was a loud noise, possibly caused by an explosion. Interviewing 500 people at the towers that morning that all say "it sounded like a bomb went off" means nothing to me.

WTC 7 is just stupid ... no steel enforced building in history has ever fallen because of a fire, 3 fell on 9/11.
Did you not read my last post at all? I provided references to annotated investigations by professionals that said that the initial report that WTC7 collapsed due to fire was innaccurate.

Further, "no enforced steel building" (that was also hit by an jumbojet) "in history has ever fallen becaue of a fire" because there has never been a structure such as WTC1 and WTC2 struck by planes at 500+ mph. Are the people that are coming up with these theories forgetting that we watched on LIVE TELEVISION oas the 2nd plane hit the towers? That there was video evidence released to the public within weeks that showed the first plane moments before it hit the first tower?

I know that Hollywood can craft some incredible scenes that are hard to differentiate between fiction and reality, but seriously, do you think that every liberal news outlet that was broadcasting LIVE that day was feeding you what the conservatives wanted to show you so that they could justify a war? I'd sooner believe in aliens than a conspiracy involving tens of thousands of people without anyone having a single shred of proof. An email. A shreaded letter. A taped phonecall. A transcript of an instant messenger chatlog. Anything!

But so far, I've read *nothing* on the conspiracy theorist websites that gives me anything to go on. Every witness is questionable, at best. Videos showing the collapse of the towers in 10.0 seconds show angles of the towers falling that were obscured by smoke (even tho every news agency in the world had pictures from the windward side of the stuctures) The "evidence" they tote is mostly hearsay and information that was later found to be incorrect following further investigations.

I have a feeling that this thread will soon be locked. If so, please feel free to continue this discussion with me via PM. I like debate, when it's presented with actual, verifiable facts from people who would actually know what they're talking about.

Sheesh! Yeah i think this thread should be locked. I had a feeling this subject was going to get ugly. Lets all agree to disagree and well find out the truth when we get to heaven. In the mean time this is really getting us no where. Bottom line is the towers fell, by whatever means. People died. Now we are in a never-ending war on "terrorism".

Ill leave it with a quote
Benjamin Franklin
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

What liberties have you given up to be safer?

I saw the 2nd plane fly into the second tower on 9/11 on the TV while I was sitting in second period, I will never forget that day. I highly doubt that bombs were used to take the buildings down, did you miss the 2 757's or whatever they were flying into the buildings? Nothing is fire proof. While the fire "proofing" was there, it did retard the flames. It took an hour or two before the building collapsed because the structural integrity was compromised due to the fire. Did you not watch?

This thread needs to be locked.

Nicely put Durruck. Honestly I think that some people have started the "government conspiricy" because they want to reflect the blame for what happened back to the U.S. and make us look bad for starting the war on terror...

Actually, you should blame your gov't for arming these guys...Osama is CIA trained and so are his likes.

I think it is possible to believe our government was involved in this but one thing I disagree with is they are blaming Bush now I am a republican and I like Bush but I think if this was a government cover up than all parties are involved. What makes me think is you see all the theory on the net but none of the major networks are picking it up. Why? I would think the liberal Media would love this to do Bush bashing but they are not. Why? I think all this is Plausable because of several things in our History. JFK is one Oklahoma City is one. One thing is for sure Our government only does things that helps make money. We had two embassys bombed in Clintn's Term did we go after terroists than? No. I support what we are doing in Iraq but if it didn't make money we would not be there. Terrible things are happening in 3rd world Countried thousands dying everyday but we do nothing. If there was money to be made in those countries we would be there. I love my country and we do more good than bad everyone looks at our bad. I reading some of these things written in support of fires and how the buildings fell I can see how they were built to fall in. One thing though that still bothers me is if both were jets and both had fuel how come the second tower fell first? Also the elevators faling down I think remember fire fighters also were using them going them after the planes hit. Just a thought.

To justify military action in another country is just one reason it might have been an "inside job". Try googling or whatever your favorite search engine is the words: Operation Northwoods

I am not closing this thread--yet. There's some solid discussion in this thread, but if it's going to stay open, people need to learn to respect one another--even while disagreeing.

I want to develop an environment where users feel free to discuss controversial issues (including conspiracy theories) in a civil tone. If you think a claim is outrageous, don't post that it's "stupid" or "absurd," but cite evidence to the contrary. Remember that the United States was built on freedom. If we silence the conspiracy theorists, who's next?

While I don't agree that the demolition of the 9/11 towers were an inside job, there are "dark" chapters in US history where government and military forces used means many would never have suspected. (Operation Northwoods and Project MKULTRA are two prime examples.) Remember not to dismiss a claim simply because it sounds immediately implausible.

And don't think that loving your country means glossing over its mistakes. I've studied US history and I'm aware of some of the terrible events in which the US participated, but I still love my country and I consider myself blessed to live in America.

True dat Tek!!! besides even our founding fathers were considered traitors in their time... but we live their dreams and hopes...

The american government is corrupt though; power has tainted those in power, they have added too many shortcuts into a system that is supposed to take time.

I just wonder what IF JFK was still alive, did he know something that was a cover-up. Or RFK, etc.

Now we are in a never-ending war on "terrorism".

Technically, America started it. The Middle-East country got angry when they got their cities bomb that for sure, a retailation would of happened. When a country apposes America, America bombs that country. So, now, North Korea, Cuba and Iran/Iraq (whichever) are apposing America, no doubt they will be bombed or worse.

Does seem funny when those countries summarize to Red Alert 2.

Last edited:
Back