What is your favorite Christian band of all time AND WHY?

I never really listened to DC Talk. I listened to 1 album and "eww." Considering how much you guys like 'em, I'll have to see if I can find some samples somewhere.

Atown I would have to disagree with you. If you look at music right now Christian bands are the trend setters right now. Example:

P.O.D. Flyleaf, Hawk Nelson, Thousand Foot Krutch, Reliant K, Underoath, and dare i say Switchfoot, Lifehouse, Even Superchick is all over Nick. Christian Music it not the ugly step child any more. Btw my fave bad all time is:

Thousand Foot Krutch or Geoff Moore and the Distance

hmm. I think in terms of the favourite i would have to go with Living Sacrifice just because they lead the way. But honourable mentions go to..

As I lay Dying
Nodes of Ranvier
Circle of Dust

and of course the band who got me into the christian metal scene in the first place... Detritus.. they rule :D

hawk nelson is great, dred

hear them on the radio alot, wayfm

i've worked at christian artists concerts, barlow girl, mathew west, and a few others

amazing how many ppl u see there, couple hundred if not more

D.C. Talk

I never really listened to DC Talk. I listened to 1 album and "eww." Considering how much you guys like 'em, I'll have to see if I can find some samples somewhere.

If you got a hold of one of their early albums it is completely different than their later ones.

I'd listen to the Intermission cd or the Jesus Freak cd

The D.C. Talk Intermission CD is probably the best one for someone to start with as it is a greatest hits collection + has a couple of songs no other CD has. I'd only get the Jesus Freak CD if you thought you may get Free at Last and Supernatural at some point too (which are basically all the good ones, at least the ones I know about). I long for the day D.C. Talk gets back together though. Separate they are good artists, together they are really something special :)

I always thought the Newsboys were very mainstream but no listeners yet hmmm.

I pray Christian video games and movies will achieve the same quality as Christian music has.

Last edited:
I pray Christian video games and movies will achieve the same quality as Christian music has.

I haven't seen Thr3e, but I hear it's very good. Also, all the Left Behinds were very good. So, I think we're doing pretty good on the movies.

As for video games, I have no idea. I guess I don't want to get into that discussion, as it'd complete derail the thread.

SO BACK ON TOPIC! Would Led Zeppelin count as a Christian band? You know, with Stairway to Heaven and all... :p

hmm. I think in terms of the favourite i would have to go with Living Sacrifice just because they lead the way. But honourable mentions go to..

As I lay Dying
Nodes of Ranvier
Circle of Dust

and of course the band who got me into the christian metal scene in the first place... Detritus.. they rule :D
rizz=awesome
Circle of Dust is pretty sweet, I grabbed their "brainchild" CD off amazon.com a while back. Pretty interesting music. I don't usually listen to industrial, but after hearing that CD it doesn't seem all that bad.

Back