What makes the "Love" concept so important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words, sentences, phrases, etc; they do bring my back memories, I just wonder sometimes, if i want to come back to that life I used to have or destroy it into non-existence....:(

memories are good...

It's good that you are thinking about going back to the life you used to have. However, I would say that there were things about that part of your life, while it is filled with memories, some may not have left the greatest feelings for you. You talk about how you were treated and that no matter what you did it didn't feel like it was enough....so in your thought process I would encourage you to consider this idea too....

you listed two options 1)go back to that life or 2)destroy it into non-existence....I have a possible third solution....how about destroy that life if you will - since it doesn't seem to have been a good one for you - and start new.....try the Christian thing again, with a fresh start....

evey one thinks diffrent of love,most young pople think they know love but they dont..love itent just making out and that stuff...love if the time you spend with some one that you care deeply about when you would do aneything to make her happy

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

There would be no way for me to add to this.

There is love all around you. People have taken the time in their lives to help you, to listen to you, and to do the best to explain things to you. Why? Love, whether you want it or not :)

Jesus' Sacrifice? Love. Whether or not you accept his gift...He still did it because He loves you. Are any of us worthy of His love? No way. But that's what makes the love of Christ so unique and special.

So many times we go out looking for love, and it is all around us, all we need to do is open our eyes and our hearts. Yea...that opens us up to pain sometimes....I have been hurt badly, but when you know love, when you see love, when you find love, it is worth the journey.

Maybe I'm off base, Maybe this doesn't help...but it comes from my heart, as a child of God. We all care, otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to show our love for you.

Thanx for the honest answer! I hated to be touched period... Hugging me was like ah do u want a bloody nose hehehe..

For many many years I was exactly like that, but only when it came to other guys. I would feel physically uncomfortable even shaking hands with another guy! Was probably just how I was raised, but eventually I got over it.

Now my wife and children are so wonderful and has taught me so much on Love, along with the Love that God has shown me through Jesus I continue to grow and share..

I hope you've expressed these wonderful words of love to them directly, and frequently. I'd also recommend this to Corpfox - sharing love verbally on a regular basis, by complementing your wife or child or telling them how much they're loved as best you can, might really set the stage to make you more comfortable with more physical forms of expression.

Ask Jesus questions and within his words you will find Gods answer!!!! Laus Deo!!!!

Deo Gratias.

Paul

Last edited:
dorkelf said:
I'd also recommend this to Corpfox - sharing love verbally on a regular basis, by complementing your wife or child or telling them how much they're loved as best you can, might really set the stage to make you more comfortable with more physical forms of expression.

Umm...dorkelf...I'm not married, I don't have a wife and a child, I've been a bachelor for 24 years. ;)

Think of it as this, have you seen the movie; The 40-year-old virgin. That would be me (Except I'm not a toy collector). A very funny and true-based movie. :D

Technically, just 16 more years till I get there. :cool:

CorpFox

Christians ARE perfect..Although they do not DO everything perfectly (according to this worlds standards anyways)

We are BEing made perfect through our sufferings with Christ, but we already ARE perfect..And this is biblically sound doctorine..Backed up by the fact that Jesus IS perfect, and we are One with Him..

We do, however have moment by moment choices as to where we place our faith.

We can choose to place our faith in the One who raises from the dead, or in this worlds systems of do's and don'ts..

eg;Don't touch me..Stop talking to me..Go to sleep!
eg;You are free, for God gave you free will..If it is God's will you touch me then you are free! If it's God's will that you speak then speak on! :)

We are free to choose, moment by moment, whether or not to submit to the One who gives Life..

Eternal Life is found Only in the Son of God

OR;

We can choose to walk after old ways of thinking feeling and choosing..
We can choose to submit to the Law (yes, of God) and still be declared unrighteous for lack of Life..

Romans 6:2
By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Luke 11:23
"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Romans 8:31-39
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Acts 5:39
But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Acts 6:10
but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke.

Last edited:
Umm...dorkelf...I'm not married, I don't have a wife and a child, I've been a bachelor for 24 years. ;)

Think of it as this, have you seen the movie; The 40-year-old virgin. That would be me (Except I'm not a toy collector). A very funny and true-based movie. :D

Technically, just 16 more years till I get there. :cool:

Er, right. :eek: I was obviously getting your story confused with what someone else said, which really isn't fair since this is your thread! :D We all have our struggles - the love thing is yours, scatter-brained-spaceyness is mine. :p But in order to salvage some shred of personal dignity here, I'll point out that words of affection are certainly appropriate for family members as well - even good friends. And when you force yourself to speak the language of love, in whatever small ways you can but as frequently and sincerely as possible, I think you will gradually begin to 'feel' love as a result. It is hard to understand sometimes, but theologians and psychologists are in agreement that ACTION CAUSES FEELING - and if you want to feel love, you've gotta do love. :)

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back