What's up with Raiding

I've only run the entire Scholo instance once....I'd like to go back again...it was kinda fun. Plus now that I've got one piece of the Deathbone set...it wouldn't hurt to get more. =P

And Sass...if you're talking about the Beast in UBRS...I can skin him now since he dropped my Finkle Skinner....but I don't know if I'm going to want to go to UBRS soon unless it's for Drakk's blood for guildies. =\

alright for getting the beast's hide! I need it also for a great helm.

The Scholo instance run was fun Meli and getting the deathbone set would be great for you. As proven I know that instance like the back of my hand and would love to run guildies there time and again until people have what they are looking for.

I was really thinking Saturday or Sunday mornings to do this instance as well as Baron. Great set pieces drop in both places.

Not to burst your bubble, Sass, but the hide is a <1% drop. Like .5% and its worth well over 500g.(even over 1000g at times) Could easily be a few hundred runs till it drops. I would think all 10 ppl will roll on it every time too.

Sassperilla said:
im all for runnin those instances however can someone help me get the beast skinned ive got a quest tht give me an AWESOME chest piece

That Hide is used in a few AWESOME epic armor pieces...so if it is skinned, not only will everybody roll on it, you'll have to convince the skinner to give it up.

that's gotta be one of the most heated debates in the game. Does the skinner who got the finkels get rights to the skin? Or does everyone who helped take down the beast get? (obviously there is NO way one can get it w/o the other

Ppl go more nuts over this in the forums then most Calvinist vs Arminianist.

I think if you skinned it and didn't give it up for roll in a PUG you would risk: banned from most groups, spammed on the server forums, and a ton of hate tells for days to come.

well Meli ive been tryin to get it for a couple weeks and my brother was gonna do it on his mage but it dissappeared before he could

mark this as month three for me trying to get it. I have all 8 arcane crystals, 5 abom stitches, 5 strat threads and the 30 gold...just need the hide! I am at the point of spending the 300 gold to get the hide off the AH, this drop rate is terrible and then to have to roll on this item makes it even worse. If I got to the point of someone skinning the beast and this drops, only to lose the roll and see it on the AG for a lot of gold......me heart would break!

Wow if you saw it for 300g you should have bought it. I have been tracking its price lately and it hovers 500. when it goes below 450 it sells fast.
Having all the items and the quest is kinda mute. That can be done in a day. Its the months and months for the hide to drop that hurts so bad. Kinda like the Chromatic Carapace, little point in even having the quest and items until the purple mat drops.

Nightslayer Chestpiece > Breastplate of Bloodthirst

PLUS, the Nightslayer is easy to get for you now. If you were not part of a MC guild, the Breastplate of Bloodthirst would be a worth goal, but thats not the case. I think also, you will have a next to impossible task of getting 9 others to just hand over the Hide, including the skinner, even if you won the roll.

Rogues\Feral druids want the hide for the breastplate listed above
Casters want the hide for the Cap of Savant
Resto Druids want the hide for the Leggings of Arcana

I think the drop rate is less then 0.1%, about 1 in a thousand. And Nightslayer has about 14% chance to drop from Golemagg (about 1 in 7, but Golemagg drops two chestpieces, so probably closer to 1 in 4 killings of Golemagg).

Last edited:
yep, I am almost at a point of giving up. Furl an in game friend of mine and yours has the hide and is selling it to me for that price, I am just having issue getting the gold for it. I am only at 225g at this point. I did see it yesterday marked for 300 and a second for 350.

I gave up on the quest long time back. I figured it was selfish to expect the guild to run this for me over and over again, and the chances of getting the hide in a PuG is next to nil. Also, I had the opportunity of getting the Circlet of Prophecy and Halo of Transcendance.

well after I purchased my eye of flame and am now working on the arcanist set in MC, I think that the pressure for getting this cap is a little less than it was. I will still get it and get the arcanist then DE the eye of flame /cry.

I actually had a hide, but because no one was willing to take me along for the rest of the materials I ended up giving it away

boy do i regret that

Sassy, you have access to the Nightslayer Chestpiece... why not go for it? Its much better and easier to get. Asking people to come to UBRS to help you get the skin is fine. Asking someone else to skin The Beast and then asking them to give you the skin is a little much in my most humble opinion. They are the skinner - its up to them as to whether they want to simply give it away.

lol When I was less informed, I thought the skin was a 100% drop if someone had Finkle's dagger.

Yea Osirys I've given up on alot of things and am seeing things differently now i abandoned the quest its not worth it i decided and ive gotten the Nightslayer Chestpiece thanks to the awesome team we have and Timert who passed and allowed me to get it

Back