Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Opera

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever Pops up

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I like Opera but it doesn't always display websites correctly.

Maybe because the developer didn't use standards? :p

Actually, according to the Acid Test, Opera is the most standards compliant browser around, as far as CSS is concerned. (The acid test loads up some really complex but standards compliant CSS; how well your browser renders determines how standards compliant it is. FF does ok, but Opera is the hands down winner)

However, I still use FF, just because of all the really helpful, web developer friendly extensions. (IE Tab, Web Developer tool bar, Cookie Culler, Fire Bug, etc.)

I typically use FF2.0 at home, FF 2.0/1.5 at work..and as a last resort, IE if FF isn't installed on the work computer.

Actually, according to the Acid Test, Opera is the most standards compliant browser around, as far as CSS is concerned. (The acid test loads up some really complex but standards compliant CSS; how well your browser renders determines how standards compliant it is. FF does ok, but Opera is the hands down winner)
I have to throw this in, since I'm a Mac user: Safari passes the Acid2 test perfectly.

I use Firefox 2.0 with a few add ons. Adblock so I don't see all the ads. All-in-one Gestures where I can use mouse gestures to do just about any browser function from opening new tabs to checking the page source. Also use Videodownloader which lets me easily download videos from places like youtube and google video.

I've been an Opera supporter for years. Nice to see some people catching on!

Opera seems to me that it's better than the other browsers in almost every way, only knock on it is that since it isn't as popular, not as many websites support it. In those cases, I'm forced to use FF.

Firefox all the way for me.

Since FF has taken-off, people (well most) have actually started testing their sites on firefox and so there are less dodgy MSIE-only sites around. This can only be a good thing for those of us who don't use Windows and have been using the Mozilla/Netscape family for a while.

I would also recommend firefox to any "non-web-savy" friends, since a lot of web nastys are designed to exploit MSIE (for the time being anyway). Less activeX rubbish installed on their computer = breaks less = less times I have to fix it :)

I typically use FF2.0 at home, FF 2.0/1.5 at work..and as a last resort, IE if FF isn't installed on the work computer.

Pretty much my statement as well except replace "work" with "college."

Oh, and in some cases modify the last line to read "...installed on the college computer, to download FF if I can get past the lame .exe downloads blocker."

I've been an Opera supporter for years. Nice to see some people catching on!

Opera seems to me that it's better than the other browsers in almost every way, only knock on it is that since it isn't as popular, not as many websites support it. In those cases, I'm forced to use FF.
I tried FF/ IE/ Opera on my system here. Letting my firewall send the pages to me from it's cache opera is 25% slower than FF and IE. Ie renders the quickest. FF is second. I like how FF renders though. Opera add too much "fluff" in terms of effects around hte text and buttons for my liking.

I tried FF/ IE/ Opera on my system here. Letting my firewall send the pages to me from it's cache opera is 25% slower than FF and IE. Ie renders the quickest. FF is second. I like how FF renders though. Opera add too much "fluff" in terms of effects around hte text and buttons for my liking.
Maybe because of your firewall, it affects the speed, but from what I've seen (and what data says) Opera is the fastest, followed by IE, then Firefox. Feature-wise and security wise, Opera wins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

Opera across the board has more features and less vulnerabilities. One of the coolest features, IMO, that Opera supports that FF and IE do not, is mouse gestures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_gesture). It makes going through different windows so much easier.

Used Opera from version 8.0 to present. Great browser.

I only use IE and FF for the one or two sites that Opera can't access.

Closing thread as poll dates back to before Firefox 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back