Who here plays an insturment?

Zealot

post em here.. I'll start, put specs if you can

Trumpet-Bach

Ibanez SG Bass
Cherry Woodgrain 4 string

B.C. Rich **** (not a naughty word but sounds bad)
6 string black

Yahmaha 6 strong accustic

harmonica

piano (kinda)

I formerly played the piano, I remember absolutely nothing about it. I was always gonna be a singer, yeah, great voice. Then I uh, hit puberty. If I can sing in any key I havnt discovered it yet, though, havnt tried, eck, humiliation! The only thing I play now is...... GAMES.....

I play the guitar...

Rickenbacker 650 colorado, Takamine jasmine 12-string
Fender precision bass, custom spanish acoutsic.

I also played the trombone in school but not very good.

I generally play piano/keyboard and sing but I'll play bass or drums if needed. I'm allright at many instraments good at none. I like playing I just don't have the determination and passion it takes to be really good. But thank God for the anointing. When the anointing rally hits and you think "WOW, THAT was GOD" its a great feeling.

I used to play the piano. I've found that it really helped with my typing speed.

Well I'm "good" at the guitar (at least I like to think so). I have a 20$ piece of junk (classical, if it maters) from africa or some place that I got off of ebay (I found out later it was only worth 10!), and got a Fender Mex-strat for Christmas and love it.

I also play a bit of my friends p-bass and drums, and I sometimes attempt to sing, though I try to avoid it in public as much as possible (except church, thats the only time I sing in public).

I also used to play piano, but don't remember much.

rizz, if you get this, I was wondering what you thought of your Jasmine. My friend said that the Jasmines were on the lower end of the scale for a Takamine. Hows it play? sound?

Yes when i got it the Jasmine was the bottom end budget guitar for Takamine. It was around 300 i think. But the build quality is superb. Even as the bottom model it plays wonderfully.

Of course there is a lot more give with a 12-string for sound but generally it has served me as well as a top end guitar could. I have had it about 3 years and it still sounds beautiful.

I would definitely recommend getting a takamine if your going acoustic and dont have much $$. Definitely stay away from the whole yamaha root of all evil thing.

It'll hold me until i can get my Taylor 8 series.. mmmmmm
Play one and fall in love.

I was wondering what level all you guitarists are at. I mean its different for every style but those who are good know it.
I wouldnt say i am good, simply because i never play my guitar nowdays. I used to be really good but i forgot a lot of it.

I just download tab for songs i hear and like. I find i can usually play them straight off reading it as i go. As for skill, i used to be able to play quite high standard classical guitar, playing songs like classical gas and the clap (by Yes).
I mainly play rock/metal though and have just re-learnt a few of the tricky bits like string skipping/4 finger tapping/ artficial harmonics etc etc... I can play nearly all riffs i see and i have a good go at the solos but i cant do the really fast ones cos of CS arthritis..lol. I can play stuff like metallica solos and such, more bluesy.

I think I'm average more or less. i mostly play offspring, ac dc, metallica, ozzy ( =X i said ozzy!) that sorta thing.

I've been playing bass for about 8 years.  Just picked one up one day and have been teaching myself ever since.  I'm not technically savvy, but I can figger stuff out if I have the tab/chords and the song to listen to.

- Fender Jazz Bass 4 string
- Ibanez GR800 4 string
- Tobias 4 string fretless
- Takamine acoustic/electric 4 string
- One I call my "pocket bass" 'cause its about the size of a child's guitar.  I bought it in Japan a few years ago.  Perfect for playing in the tiny confines of a shipboard stateroom.
- A hand made fretless one I built in the ol' wood shop.  It works, but that's about all it has going for it.
biggrin.gif

~Slay~

I can only do really basic stuff. I try to improv a bit with a bit of country, blues, classical or "alternative"*. I can play a lot of different stuff if I have a tab or sheet music in front of me/I memorize it, but I want to get into composing and stuff, which is why I try to improv.

I vaguely know how to string skip/sweep, but the main site I used to go to to learn technique is like dead so I doubt I'm ganna learn any of the tricksies like that for a while.

*I call anything that I don't know the name for alternative. I think what I mean to say is lite rock, but I'm not sure. But it was less "alternative", and more blues/country anyway.

Back