Why so many religions?

Byblos, have you looked at what OTHER people have to say about Cavalry Chapel?

Not just nontheists, but what other Christians have to say?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for me, I have looked into other churches and I like some things about other religions. The tolerance of the Hindu's and Buddhist. The formality of the Catholics. The fact that the Charismatic believes in Salvation of Jesus. But I do not feel comfortable with all their practices nor agree with them. (I have good friends in each sect. Therefore, please believe that I do not intend to downgrade anyones belief system:)

I made my choice for a church simply by seeing if the preaching lines up with Scripture and if the Preacher is doing His best to live in line with what he is teaching. I Timothy 3 is a guide on what a minister should be. In addition, it is the love shown by the congregation that will keep me. The most important thing is Salvation via Jesus Christ (my definition for Christianity) and there are many denominations that believe that. The bottom line is God hates religion as witnessed by the VERY religious Scribes and Pharisees. He is only interested in our heart.

An answer to why someone chose a belief system over another... Thank you.

So you believe that which is closer to pure biblical teaching and Jesus' teaching is the right one? The less the religion digresses from what the Bible says is better?

Many have tried to follow pure biblical teachings. Is that your aim?

I don't think it's accurate to say that God HATES religion.

God hated the sribes and pharisees because they thought they were better than everyone else.

Because your chapel isn't just a building. Calvary Chapel is an organized church. You could go to ANY Calvary Chapel across the world and expect to hear the same message.

Back