Why???

Genesis1315

Ladies
As the number of people who are not saved seems to be growning in this forum, I am left to ponder the following questions:

To ALL:

Why do you come here and post?

What are you looking for or hoping to find here?

What do you take away from the forum?

I know that some have already answered this in other threads. I would like to collect all of the answers in one place.

Gen

Christianity is CONFUSING.

There are hundreds of sects, cults, denominations all existing under one roof (and not necessarily pleasantly).

I have/had/will have questions regarding Christianity. Who better to ask than a Christian?

Being a gamer myself, it's nice to have at least ONE thing in common.

There seems to be a nice cross section of Christians here, so it suits my questioning purposes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There are hundreds of sects, cults, denominations all existing under one roof (and not necessarily pleasantly).

The Church is not a denomination. Many often speak of various denominations as churches when in fact the term "church" doesn't even occur in Scripture. Some of the denominations claim to be the only true church, but I call to everyone's attention I Cor. 1:11-17 where the Word warns against such divisions.

There may be many denominations, but the reality is there is only one TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH. All of the redeemed of this age are members of this one spiritual body.

I play on the cs server, and made some pretty cool toj friends. But I have also learned alot more about christianity and myself by using the forum. But I still have so many more questions that need answers.

And I used to like reading DV and Byblyos go back and forth over and over again. I guess I can't do that anymore. It was fun watching DV explain his posts over and over again
smile.gif

The Word church is in the Bible many times.

[edit]
Sorry, great example of opposing views! I must admit as a Christian, it is tiring even for me. However, to consider when we all do come together it will be for the One World Church...it is a good thing!

Thanks for the responses I have received so far.

Right now, though, I am not looking for discussions on the responses. We are all going to have different reasons.

Thanks
Gen

Two reasons really.

My first was really to put across my views and see what happened. I believe Gen changed a previous thread, given the current nature of civility, but I pretty much fell into a great deal of those categories mentioned about fundamentalist atheism. I've changed now, thanks to the arguments posted by everyone else. A good thing, very much so.

Secondly, I would like to know why every Christian believes their version of faith is the true one, and why everyone else's is incorrect. There can only be one truth, yet everyone claims to have it. A bit confusing to an outsider.

If I had to have a third reason, it would be the banter I suppose. I like conversing with the people here. It's good the for the brain and helps slow my gradual vegetation in front of this darn machine
wink.gif

I cannot speak for my fellow nonbelievers, but I am here to gain more insight to the answers to life's 'big questions.' I seek the answers that theists have to offer, and I compare them with my own feelings and interperetations. Yes, I could go to an atheistic forum and ask the same questions there, but I understand where they are coming from. I am a believer in examining both sides of an issue before making up one's mind. And no, my mind is not yet made up.

Regarding why I come here, it is to edify the believers that may not be as mature in their faith and thus influenced and tossed to and fro on the winds of false doctrine.

Regarding the "Church" as it appears in Scripture. "Ekklesia" is the Greek word used meaning "a body of called out people." In the context used in Scripture, it has a spiritual connotation rather than a term used in government.

"Kuriakos" which means "belonging to the Lord" is an adjective and only occurs twice in the NT (1Cor. 11:20 & Rev. 1:10). From the adjective Kuriakos, the etymology is "kirk" in Scottish, "Kirche" in German, and "Church" in English. Therefore, "kuriakos" being an adjective should only be applied to "Ekklesia" the noun.

I come here hoping for some reasonably intelligent discussions.

I usually walk away only having gained frustration.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Oct. 30 2004,11:39)]I come here hoping for some reasonably intelligent discussions.

I usually walk away only having gained frustration.
1 Corinthians 1
19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
Bertrand Russell
English author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

I happen on these today. I thought they were interesting is all

I'm here to find cracks or holes to whatever you think are right and wrong to Christianity.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Christianity is CONFUSING.

There are hundreds of sects, cults, denominations all existing under one roof (and not necessarily pleasantly).

I agree. Can't 'Christian' be a denominations? And does the Bible have to have words like, sayth?
Unless theirs a 'normal' Bible language site...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]reading DV and Byblyos go back and forth over and over again

Cause their the only 2 smart arguring debaters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Being a gamer myself, it's nice to have at least ONE thing in common.

That is the only common thing for non-christians. Unless family-related and/or friend-to-CGA related...

But I find it odd, how, America is the only country, leading to Christianity, like CGA for instance, 85% of the people here are Americans! Arent there any other people other than in USA?

Corp, you can find a Bible translation that doesn't have SAYETH in it. Just go to www.biblegateway.com and find one that you like.

I wouldn't necessarily consider Byblos a debater, he was more of an arguer, which is why he got banned.

Click HERE to view the religious breakdown of the United States.

Click HERE for a breakdown of world religions by adherants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In a world with so many wrongs, how can you assume to be the only one that's right?

Makes me wonder if religion has 'many' wrong things...Mr.Bill.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Nov. 01 2004,6:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In a world with so many wrongs, how can you assume to be the only one that's right?

Makes me wonder if religion has 'many' wrong things...Mr.Bill.
rock.gif
I'm not sure what you mean.. My signature refers to all things, not just religion.

Back