Wii or Xbox?? or DS or PSP??

Logos

Okay I know strange question but what are your opinions. Overall I enjoy most games so which is the better of the systems in performance, value, and overall FUN!! :)

Thanks

Also is there a "locator" to get a Wii I have been seeking for a year NOW!! Ahhh the insanity! That is why I am about to give up and go with something else

I lubs my Wii.

And truth be told, I walked into a Wal-Mart about 5 in the evening one Tuesday, and they had like 6 in the case...

The Wii is a fun system that I love and own, but rarely play. I also have a 360 and it gets a lot more game time. The simple reason is: online play!

Both have online capabilities, but Nintendo has a long way to go to get something that can compete with Microsoft and Sony. Actually correct me on that, it isn't that bad. All Nintendo has to do to fix it is to add voice chat capabilities! lol

Still, there are some great fun games for the Wii that makes it a must have system.

As for the DS/PSP comparison, the DS again has the unique games, but the PSP's games have better graphics. Since I no longer have either system though, my comparison has to end there.

I really enjoy my Wii. Its oodles of fun. And when the brother comes by you can "swing" and "accidently" knock him upside the head :p j/k.

Its totaly different than anything out there and its actualy a great exercise thingy maboby. Plus its fun for the whole family.

I would personally recommend a Wii over a 360 until Microsoft confirms that the 360's hardware issues are 100% resolved and multiple independent sources confirm the claims at least 3 months after Microsoft says it's fixed.

As for handhelds, I don't own a PSP but I do own a DS Lite. The DS Lite is less expensive and features Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS, Planet Puzzle League, and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. All four are fantastic games in their own right.

Oh, and there's a Ninja Gaiden game coming to the DS next February. I've played the demo and I am eagerly anticipating the title.

Last edited:
Once the PS3 gets some decent games under its belt and the price comes down it will be a very compelling buy. I wouldn't buy a wii because the controlling scheme is annoying to me. The 360 still has issues IMO and as a microsoft product it fails de facto.

I wouldn't buy a wii because the controlling scheme is annoying to me.
Before you give up on Wii controls, rent and play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Best controls for a console first-person shooter EVER.

I have both a Wii and a 360, and they are both great. It really depends what you want to play. If you're playing alone, I would go for the 360 for titles like Halo 3, Bioshock, Fable 2, and all the others coming out. But if you plan on playing with others, go for the Wii.

The problem is finding one. I mean I know Ebay has gazzilions but I feel like I am buying from a sticking scalper when I buy off there because they raise the prices so much its ridiculous.

The problem is finding one. I mean I know Ebay has gazzilions but I feel like I am buying from a sticking scalper when I buy off there because they raise the prices so much its ridiculous.

I can look around and ship one to you. I am pretty sure we have dozens in our area, maybe not with the holiday season approaching...

We have both a DS and a PSP and I think the DS wins hands down. The touch screen makes all the difference in playability. The PSP has some nice games, but it doesn't take long for my hands to start hurting, and my brother reports the same thing. I think the PSP also strives a bit high, taking games meant for a larger system and trying to squish them onto the PSP. I'd honestly rather play them on the PS or the Xbox. The DS has more games made just for it, and that fit better on a handheld.

We have both a DS and a PSP and I think the DS wins hands down. The touch screen makes all the difference in playability. The PSP has some nice games, but it doesn't take long for my hands to start hurting, and my brother reports the same thing. I think the PSP also strives a bit high, taking games meant for a larger system and trying to squish them onto the PSP. I'd honestly rather play them on the PS or the Xbox. The DS has more games made just for it, and that fit better on a handheld.

I played with a psp for a few hours and while I don't I would buy one the graphics were pretty impressive. The main thing that hurts it IMO is the display response time, several titles appear to "lag" compared to pc/console gaming. Of course the most noticeable was wipeout, which requires insane control in order to avoid the walls. Of course I am comparing that to the PS1 and PS2 I have played (since the original) so it may be a bit unfair to mark a portable down for that.

That said, I don't like portables much, I always get cramped and I hate small screens. IMO they should allow you to play all the previous generation games from the big consoles on the portables, that way you would have a massive and cheap library to choose from. Of course companies wouldn't make money that way...

Before you give up on Wii controls, rent and play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Best controls for a console first-person shooter EVER.

seriously? i didn't buy that game specifically because it was an FPS on the Wii... and i personally can't stand console FPS's.... so.... by your opinion... it is worth buying?

Are the controls similar to anything else?

Is the storyline good?

Multiplayer?

Internet play?

and... is the game play really... actually.... good?

I'm just askin for your opinion, Tek, cause i know your a pretty honest gamer, with a good overall opinion.

seriously? i didn't buy that game specifically because it was an FPS on the Wii... and i personally can't stand console FPS's.... so.... by your opinion... it is worth buying?
It depends. The game is fantastic, but the reply value is limited. Whereas Twilight Princess takes 40-50 hours to play through, MP3: Corruption will only take 20-30 hours. I rented the game twice and beat it with 70% completion.

On the plus side, beating the game unlocks other difficulty levels. The game also features unlockables that you can earn with credits collected throughout the game.

I guess it comes down to budget. If you find the game on sale or if $50 USD isn't painful to part with, then I'd recommend purchasing the game--especially if you tend to play through Metroid games multiple times to get 100% of the goodies.

Are the controls similar to anything else?
Not that I've played. Timesplitters Future Perfect had pretty good controls for a console FPS, but this blows TFP out of the water.

Is the storyline good?
Yes, but the strength of any Metroid game is the gameplay, not the storyline. It's enough to pull everything into a cohesive narrative and create interest in what happens next.

Multiplayer?
Internet play?
Unfortunately, there is no multiplayer portion to MP3: Corruption. :( I keep hoping Rare and Nintendo will announce a Metroid Prime Arena with online play to make things right.

and... is the game play really... actually.... good?
Indubitably!

I'm just askin for your opinion, Tek, cause i know your a pretty honest gamer, with a good overall opinion.
Thank ye, sir. :)

Back