Windows 7?

healsalot

Is it worth buying? I've heard there is a family pack type thing where you get a license for 3 computers for only about $30 or $40 more than a single license. That's what I would need.

Does it run faster than Vista? Is there as much junk running in the background and does it suck your resources up like Vista?

It's better than Vista for sure. But, it's still got problems with compatibility. I'm still sold on Windows XP Pro for my PC because it can still run anything just fine and is the most stable Windows I've seen yet.

No issues here with Win 7. Costco has the 3-pack for $129 I believe.

loving windows 7. i've never had any problems with it in the last few months i've been runnin it.

i loved XP, but i'm more in love with 7.

I really, really like Windows 7.

I despise Microsoft with a passion. For the last 15 years they've come out with only very few exceptional programs and software, imho, and charge a good deal of money for them when they should have cost far less. Most of their operating systems had significant bugs upon release and suffered from networking and program compatibility issues for years afterward. However, I have not had a single significant problem with running Windows 7. It is a nice system and runs seamlessly, even while performing multiple processor intensive tasks. For example, at one point I was ripping a CD, installing FallOut3, downloading a video (via torrent), playing a movie, and surfing the web, and all without any hiccups in performance whatsoever. I was absolutely amazed at how well the system ran.

I've never used Vista, so I couldn't compare the two. However, I do believe that Windows 7 runs much smoother and faster than my XP Pro SP3, even with XP running in the classic settings.

Last edited:
I replaced XP with Windows 7 on my netbook. I love it. The netbook runs just as well as it did on XP, and now its shinier!!!

Seriously though. It is worth your time and money to upgrade from XP or (especially) Vista.

When I crank up Windows 7 it only consumes 450ish MB of memory. Thats a tad bit high compared to XP, but it is ridiculously minuscule compared to Vista.

Just as Lloren and noname have stated for themselves, I have experienced no compatibility problems with 7 thus far.

let me give everyone an example:

my tower is a phenom quad core 2.3 ghz box with 4 gigs of ram and a 7200 stat hard disk.

My notebook is a 4 year old 1.6 ghz single core celeron with a 5400 rpm disk and 2 gigs of ram. if i started both of them at the same time(and adjust for the 2 second longer bios check on the tower) the vista machine would come up in just under 2 minutes. The notebook made it in just under 1.5 minutes on windows 7 BETA..not even the RC. Both were using 64 bit ultimate editions. Win7 final is a nice successor to xp.

Last edited:
Back