Windows XP

Shyfroggy

ok i have a question, which one is better windows xp home or windows xp pro?

which one is more gamer friendly?

XP home works fine for games - I don't remember xp pro having any "gamer friendly" stuff added.

technically, the only real difference in home and pro is that pro has networking support for a server environment, that type of stuff. What difference will it make at home in a non-business networked environment? Not a whole lot. As far as games go, they are identical.

IIRC, OS Support cycles are typically 7-10 years, depending on the company. Windows98's cycle ended in either 2005 or 2006, putting the span at 7-8 years. Last I heard, WinME is near the end of it's cycle, and XP will probably hit it's limit in another 3-5 years.

Speaking of support lifespans, what is it on an Apple? Do they even have "updates" like M$ does?
Yes, you get security updates and point-releases (i.e. "10.4.x") for free long after it's released. Software Update (under Apple -> Software Update) checks all your software and hardware for new versions, and downloads the new updates and installs it on the fly.

IIRC, OS Support cycles are typically 7-10 years, depending on the company. Windows98's cycle ended in either 2005 or 2006, putting the span at 7-8 years. Last I heard, WinME is near the end of it's cycle, and XP will probably hit it's limit in another 3-5 years.
me and below and nt are dead..they aren't supported anymore. 2k is on it's way out(which is why i am now using xp).

Back