Wintergreen Candy Canes

Halonic

Has anyone actually tried these out? It says it removes 15% of your death penalty. It does NOT say removes 15 points of your death penalty.

Thus if you had 60 DP and ate a wintergreen candy cane you would have 51% DP left. It would only remove 9 points.

If you had 15% DP and ate one it would only remove 2.25 points of DP (which I assume would be only 2 points after they rounded it off).

Surely they mean 15 points or I've martyred lots of Charr and Gargoyles for little of nothing.

It removes 15 points not 15%. DP % is displayed as anywhere from 1% to 60% dp but that only gets applied to your hp/energy. What is displayed is death penalty points. When it says you ave 15% dp it means your hp/energy penalty is -15% but what the wintergreen candy canes mean is points not percentage. It just has the % there because that is how DP is displayed.

im confused... but then again when arnt I. I always thought it was if you had 60% DP it would take away 15% so you would have 45%. if not i just made a lot of money ;)

im confused... but then again when arnt I. I always thought it was if you had 60% DP it would take away 15% so you would have 45%. if not i just made a lot of money ;)

Halonic was saying that they remove 15% of 60 which is 9.

He was wondering if it removes from 60%dp to 45%dp or if it took fifteen percent of the death penalty and then removed it, so if you had 60% DP then it would take 15% of 60 which is 9 and thus you would have 51%dp. Make since? Anyways now i have a headache and need some advil. ;)

Yeah, Halonic pointed out a common mathematical error. A percentage point and a percentage are commonly referred to as if they are the same thing, but of course they aren't. I'm sure they mean percentage POINTS. :) They just got confused, and no mathy people were around to catch it.

Back