Women In Combat?

Sir_Ryan

Hello all. I'm sure some of you are thinking that I'm one of those who try to "supress women's rights" and all, but I'm not. I simply want to bring out the issue that many American service women are being put in combat, and that it neither is neccessary or helpful.

I believe that men and men ONLY should fight in combat, and those of you who agree with me (or maybe disagree) should visit this site: Americans For The Military

Thanks!

NOTE: If you posted in the General Discussion on this topic, please post again here.

cool.gif

In the DAY OF THE LORD, there will NOT BE ANY WOMEN IN THE ROD OF IRON. AMEN
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

if a woman has family I think she should stay with her kids but other wise I don't see anything wrong if there's a need

There it is by your own mouthe:IF THERE IS A NEED?
THE LORD GOd FATHER BY HIS POSITION OF SUPREME
COMANDER BRINGS TO THE BATTLEFIELD ALL HIS POWER OF JESUS CLASS MIRACLES, SUCH THAT THERE IS NOT A NEED.
What a miracle!
Thanks for the edification!
i am nothing0 and made to listen to all THE SHEEP OF THE LORD GOd JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH BY THE HOLY SPIRIT/GHOST.

I dont believe women should fight. God made men as protectors and leaders. If women are going to join they I believe they should do it as a medic or somthing in friendly territory.

Welcome back brother.
i am of course refering to the ONLY battle that will matter....The battle in the valley on the last day, The Day of The Lord.
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA.AMEN

meh that is why you do not hold an office of authority, close mindness. expand your thinking, many times in the Bible women are the leaders

i do not seek any office of authority. amen
i am nothing0.

Woman are very helpful in combat. It is rather idiotic to say otherwise. They can learn to fire a weapon just as well as a man. They can lead, and most woman are amazing multi-taskers.

I know that if I am shot six times in the chest, I want to hear the comforting voice of a woman, not that of a man's. It would give me a feeling of being with my mother. So woman can bring a psychological benefit to the fields as well.

Believe it or not, woman don't desert more than men, in fact its entirely the other way around. I am going by ratio because it would be unfair to compare the two by shear numbers in that men in the military vastly outnumber the women.

I don't think that women should be forced to fight, but than again I feel that the same should apply for men. Forcing people to fight is rather sick in my opinion. Would not you get mad if I forced my dog to fight other dogs?

Women go through the same boot camps, get the same treatment, and yet endure just as well. To act like they are inferior to us in the battle field is just plain ignorant.

Perhaps in the long ago it was innapropriate for a woman to fight, for it could be reasonably ascertained that since they are much weaker than men (on average) handling a heavy sword effectively while wearing armor would have been a difficult feat. This would mean that they would be far more likely to be killed than the men.
In these times however, women have demonstrated already that they can cope just as well as the men.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Forcing people to fight is rather sick in my opinion. Would not you get mad if I forced my dog to fight other dogs?
I would get mad if a murderer was chasing me down the street and there was no one else but your dog and you dident unchain him to help me. You gotta defend your country in other words, if the need arises you have the moral responsablility to fight if your country needs you.

Yes, I think people are morally obliged Mr. Pop. I wouldn't unchain my dog if I saw that happening to you (assuming I had a fighting dog) because it would be just as likely to attack you as it would the robber! I would help you myself though.

I just feel that the Government should not be able to force people to fight for them.

Now, if the government is fighting a war based on propoganda I really would not feel obliged to help. As I believe in justice, and that requires that my actions be just. If I knowingly faught in a war that was the cause of personal vendetta and lies, I would hate myself for life. In fact, if I did it unknowingly I would think myself a fool for the rest of my life and additionally be unable to forgive myself.

Yet if the cause be noble and true, I would definately pick up a gun and help out... others might not, I feel that is their choice. People who don't want to fight are exponentially more likely to desert, for which they can be court martialled and even charged with treason. I don't think it is fair to ruin someone's life because they didn't want to kill people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 24 2003,10:48)]You gotta defend your country in other words, if the need arises you have the moral responsablility to fight if your country needs you.
OK, but what about a VietNam situation?

(Note:  I have nothing but respect for the soldiers who fought and died there.  Our leaders on the other hand...well...)

I would defend the US with all I had.

Rick Blaine: "Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade."

biggrin.gif

i know if i was to go to battle men, and i received six bullet wounds the only thing that would comfort me is to hear: HERE COMES ONE OF THE THREE WITNESSES. AMEN
For i know those TRUE witnesses of GOd could by THE HOLY GHOST HEAL ANY WOUND.
i am nothing0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sir_Ryan @ Oct. 23 2003,2:26)]Hello all. I'm sure some of you are thinking that I'm one of those who try to "supress women's rights" and all, but I'm not. I simply want to bring out the issue that many American service women are being put in combat, and that it neither is neccessary or helpful.

I believe that men and men ONLY should fight in combat, and those of you who agree with me (or maybe disagree) should visit this site: Americans For The Military

Thanks!

NOTE: If you posted in the General Discussion on this topic, please post again here.

cool.gif
Well... you can't always get what you want.

Its become political.  And politics is the art of the possible.

Also, they can't presently recruit enough men.  do you want to bring back the draft?  There used to be really big riots about all that!  That is why they went to the "All Volunteer Force".

Now, they used to pretend that women would be in non-combat roles.  And they still aren't in the infantry.  But even as drivers and clerks -- when their companies go out to the front, they go to.

The Military is so hard up for recruits right now, that they are hirering civilian contractors to do everything that doesn't necessarily have to be done by a uniform.

And the numbers will only get worse.  Recruiting was low enough when the Military offered a couple of years on some pretty nice bases, or tours of duty in friendly developed nations.  Now, who is going to stand in line to go to some dusty hellholes where everyone hates your guts and can't wait to poison your food or shoot you in the back?  If Bush gets re-elected, they'll have to bring back the draft, because there is no way you can fill up the ranks and files of an army when all you have to offer is a great stinking pile of crap for low pay and a chance of getting killed.  But, until then, if some very stupid chicks are silly enough to walk through the door and sign-up.

HEY! I just realized something.

this is a Stag Page!

There are no chicks writing in.

Did you guys chase all the tail away or what?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 25 2003,12:06)]Leo I'm a lady and your female dog statement earned your second warning..no swearing
That's swearing? That was a rhyme.

If I say I'm sorry, can I get my warning back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 25 2003,12:06)]Leo I'm a lady and your female dog statement earned your second warning..no swearing
Hey, at least you could have left in the old army song that people could see that I was not being gratuitous. You are being biased and very unfair.

For everyone's benefit I said that for any girl who would sign up for the military it would be "You'll never get rich by digging a ditch -- You're in the Army ____". It was a cute parody of an old song. It wan't insulting anybody.

Also, I didn't think there were any women on this page. I didn't know you were so ashamed as to hide your sex behind some unisex initials.

First off, I don't want to try to split the forums over this issue.
biggrin.gif
I'm only trying to bring it into consideration.

The facts found in the link alone should be enough to convince (some) people.

The fact that some wars are unjust does not and will not deter me from serving my country first and foremost. Have we forgotten what all of our founding fathers fought and died for, just so their descendants could live in peace?

Our duty is first to the Lord, and secondly to our country. I do not believe Christians should fight in a war that seriously contradicts their belief. For example, if the U.S. were to wage war on all Jews, I would not participate in it, because it conflicts with the Bible (Israel is God's chosen people).

If some Christians don't want to fight in a war because they believe fighting is wrong, I see nowhere in the Bible where that is supported.

Well, I've said enough for people to argue over for a year, so I'll let someone reply.

cool.gif

Back