• x-box fatty

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • game cube

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
i chose x-box fattys cuz they were just so freaking HUGE, that i could barely reach the buttons at first. also i lefto ut the smaller box controllers since that wasnt with the "orignal" release of the system

Last edited:
I kind of like "the duke" (or fatty as you've referred to it) even though I prefer the S-controller. I've found that a lot of the people that like the duke are former Dreamcast gamers.

On the other hand, the gamecube controller is horrible. I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

game cube controller is soo whacked.. i NEVER got the hang of those things.. and personally i think the BEST controller is the XBox (smaller is better of corse) but the controller that really paved the way for good controllers is the N64 controller i think.. it was so versitile for all the games out there and i fell in love... then microsoft came and stoll Nintendo's thunder.. what a bully....

I chose game cube, because I hate that controller.
But the games on the game cube looks really sweet, so I'm thinking abot getting one.
I used to hate the xbox controler, but now I'm used to it and it feels perfect.
Favorite controler is nes and snes.

A lot hate for a seriously underrated and misunderstood controller (the GCN), and no mention of the atrocity that was the Dreamcast controller?

Oh, and if I toss in a "other" vote for Keyboard/Mouse, will there be rioting in the halls of the CGA Forums?

yea the dreamcast was a real fatty.
Poor sega, couldn't keep up with the compitition, that said its a cheap system with some quality games.

Gamecube controller is the worst. My hands just could not grip it properly. I think that's where the GC gets the kiddie reputation from-- the controllers are so small that anyone with big hands (me) has trouble with it.

Xbox controller F (for Fatty, Frisbee, Flying Saucer, or various other insults) is a close second. I remember the Penny Arcade guys doing a comic a while back-- "We've replaced his Xbox controller with a grizzly bear. Let's see if he notices." and then the guy yells from the other room, "Did you get me one of those smaller controllers? I think I like it better."

kraniac said:
Gamecube controller is the worst. My hands just could not grip it properly. I think that's where the GC gets the kiddie reputation from-- the controllers are so small that anyone with big hands (me) has trouble with it.

Xbox controller F (for Fatty, Frisbee, Flying Saucer, or various other insults) is a close second. I remember the Penny Arcade guys doing a comic a while back-- "We've replaced his Xbox controller with a grizzly bear. Let's see if he notices." and then the guy yells from the other room, "Did you get me one of those smaller controllers? I think I like it better."

I dig the GameCube controller, and my hands barely fit into XL batting gloves.

Do you push the buttons with the tips of your fingers? Ever since my NES days I've pushed most of the buttons with the underside of the first knuckle, not the pads of the fingers. Maybe that's the difference.

For me, the sticks are in an uncomfortable position, and the shoulder buttons feel scrapy and loose, and the Z-button is pretty much unusable, and the C-stick is small and hard to control, and generally the whole thing is just bad news.

kraniac said:
Do you push the buttons with the tips of your fingers? Ever since my NES days I've pushed most of the buttons with the underside of the first knuckle, not the pads of the fingers. Maybe that's the difference.

For me, the sticks are in an uncomfortable position, and the shoulder buttons feel scrapy and loose, and the Z-button is pretty much unusable, and the C-stick is small and hard to control, and generally the whole thing is just bad news.

OK, the Z-Button is a wee bit odd, you've got a point there. It's an awkward spot. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with the digital stick orientation, as they're the same as the original Xbox controller and the Xbox Controller S. I don't see a problem with the analog shoulder buttons either. Yes, they're easy to manipulate, but it takes quite a bit to depress them, including reaching the "clicking point." You can blame the shoulder buttons for the waterpack in Mario Sunshine by the way.

It's a solid controller, and the only genre it really isn't ideal for is the fighting genre.

Last edited:
yeah i use the caluase area of the thumb mainly for consoling, same thing for back L-R buttons on ps2.
IceBladePOD said:
Oh, and if I toss in a "other" vote for Keyboard/Mouse, will there be rioting in the halls of the CGA Forums?
yes that is why i did not add that lol

I don't see how anyone can bash the DC controler and praise the Xbox one since Xbox pretty much just combined it and the Playstation controler.

The Xbox Controller S is ergonomic though, and has a solid feel to everything sans four oddly placed buttons (Start, Back, Black, White). The Dreamcast controller had issues.

I acctually rather like the GC controller, for a while I was playing Soul Calibur 2 and Tony Hawk 4 for months at a times with friends on the PS2 and was getting a lot of hand cramps and pain. Later I got the GC versions and I don't have any of the problems also I seem to play better with the GC controller it just fits my hand better. The only shortfall is the lack of good dual analog sticks but luckily I usualy play my FPS on the computer where there meant to be.

I just got a Nintendo DS and it has some amazingly inovative control methods too.

As far as the worst, that would have to be the Xbox huge version I'm tempted to post up two seperate Penny-arcade comics that make fun of it so well, but they contain some profanity, so if you want to see them there not hard to find.

Last edited:
Ps2, controller is so small i feel like i am gonna crush it lol, i have big hands(not fat tho lol). I LOVE the x-box controller, fits my hand perfect.

offtopic:Did anyone else see that Penny Arcade comic of Jesus and the disciples playing some Halo 2 during the last supper? I thought it was hillarious (even though slightly blasphemous which stunk), it made me laugh out loud. "Christ, Judas is TKing again!"

Back