WoW in Europe, anyone?

bjorn.haaland

Hi, let me start out by introducing myself briefly, I'm a 27 year old Norwegian, living in my hometown Kristiansand, Norway. I play World of Warcraft and I enjoy it very much. However, fellow christians aren't present in big numbers on our servers, or so it seems. I've been discussing starting up a guild in Europe with one of the officers of this site earlier, but because I couldn't follow up, nothing really happened so far. As it is, I don't think I'm capable of starting up or leading a guild these days, but I chose to set up this thread so that there could be some grounds for discussing possible action with regards to this.

Anything is appreciated. Would you be likely to join in on a new guild somewhere on a European server? Did you have any plans on your own that never really saw the light of day? Or tell us briefly or in detail about particulars regarding this subject, stuff you've seen and feel is nice to let people know about, anything.

I play a hunter on the Lightbringer PVE server, I'm one of those nigh elves, nick is Sadee.

edit: I've set up a World of Warcraft section at my website. Nothing much happening yet, but you're most welcome.
http://www.strangeronearth.net/forum/index.php

Last edited:
How does the EUR servers work? Are we restricted by our client on which servers we can play on? Or can I play on a EUR one and you play on a US one with the same account?

You do need a European account and a European client to play on a European server. Not sure how you'd pay. But one feature they have that we in the States don't is the ability to use different languages for the interface (English, French, Spanish, German, and I think there may be unofficial ones for Italian and Russian). You can still chat in whatever language you like.

Imagine a guild out there with 5 different nationalities in it! That would make for interesting raids.

Imagine a guild out there with 5 different nationalities in it! That would make for interesting raids.

That's pretty much what you'll find in most European raid guilds :)

Sorry about the forum necromancy btw.. figure it couldn't hurt, being that the thread is still on page one. I'm still playing and if there's any news about this, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

We've had upto four nationalities in our guild:

Canadian
American
Australian
and New Zealanders

But alas, there is no way for Europe and North American versions to play together :(

Well... all four of those nationalities speak fluent-ish english.

I was leaning towards German, English, French, Italian, Spanish... you get the idea.

But I also imagine most of those people have a grasp on English.

Oh, there's a lot of misunderstandings due to lack of communcation. If you want to make yourself understood, you'll often have to be careful about how you structure your sentences. People want to play WoW, but not everyone is too fluent in english - they might be kids or they might not have a very easy time speaking any language not native to them.

Europe is divided into English, German, French and Spanish speaking realms, by the way. That doesn't mean people from any of those countries don't play on English speaking servers, of course.

Some people have started wondering if Blizzard are planning on letting European, American and Asian players play together in the future. As in, people will be able to transfer to American servers from Europe, or vice-versa, for example. There's been talks about this, and even blue posts saying they're considering this. For this round of PTR, they did just that.

I am also christian and play WoW in European servers.I have one lvl 70 ne hunter in Moonglade RP.I am also searching guild to my now lvl 23 draenei shaman. I am from Finland, 33 years old, married male. I would love to play WoW with other christians.

A Voice From Beyond

Great to hear from some European brethren.

I'd love get back over on that side of the pond. If you hear of any baptist (or any church of a reformed theological bent) needing staff, let me know. I might be able to come over and lend you a hand. ;)

I don't want to hijack a recently resurrected thread, so if you'd like to PM or email, I'd love to hear from any European brothers and sisters the state of the Church in your respective countries.

Hey,
Am struggling to sleep and God kinda gave me a concept of a Christan guild/ forums for WoW and lo and behold I find this site. Am currently an officer in Affinity an Alliance guild on Bronzebeard (EU) that actively raids... And would at least be interested in having an alt in Christian guild.

As for having different languages in a guild, I am British and my server language is English, but currently in my guild we have Belgium, Holland, Romania, Italy, Sweeden, and maybe more countries represented in our players, all have an excellant understanding of English.

So yeah, if anyone is interested in maybe setting something up that would interest me. I have personally met 0 Christians in game so far (excluding my husband, but he doesn't count, he introduced me to WoW :p)

Back