WTB Advice on which class to go

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Hi, I'm Jonathan, and I have ADHD. With that said, I'm kinda overwhelmed with all the choices in this game. I do know I don't want to go Warrior, was thinking either Rogue/Mage, or a pure Healing/Ranged Cleric, just need suggestions on what some good pairings would be.

Some background is that I went an Engineer in Warhammer (turret/rifle/AOE bombs), a Slayer (dual-wield risk vs. reward AOE MDPS), an Assassin in Aion (Stealth/Finishers) and a Ele/Resto Shaman in WoW.

Not in the mood for being a melee guy though. I don't care for the biggest damage, but I do aim for fun and/or support. What should I do? :(

From what you say and what I see in game, the rouge sounds like it would be for you; stealth, heals, range. Thinking of rolling one myself.

Yah I'd say rogue. But at the same time running around as pyro/domi/archmage is s ton of fun. :) but that's just me

basically, any of the three remaining classes (since you said no warrior) are very flexible and can be played in a multitude of ways. Personally, I'm really enjoying the flexibility of the cleric (melee dps, ranged dps, or healing) and mage (ranged nuker with some healing ability) the most, but the rogue has been fun what little I've played him.

That may explain why my toons are 30, 26, 18.... I can't decide which one I like the best.

lol... Thought this system was set up to keep that from happening lol...

Yea all the classes are very good at filling roles. I have a cleric and he is good for a support, Tanking, Melee DPS, Ranged casting like a mage, or as a healer.

The way they have this game set up if you like the looks for your character, ie race and items that you get the role is not an issue. HOWEVER I just noticed the 5th role is 100plat.... OUCH on that one.... Not may will buy that up front.

lol... Thought this system was set up to keep that from happening lol...
The cool thing about Rift is that you can pick any class and play pretty much any role, to a certain extent.

By the way, leveling as an Assasin Rogue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OP.

Here's the general strategy:
1. Stealth
2. Incapacitate (Same as Sap in WoW)
3. Pick up quest item
4. Stealth
5. Turn in quest
6. Win... Duh!

So far, tried a RDPS Rogue, thought it was kinda meh, tried a Bard, dug the team heals, but that too was subpar after a small bit.

Loving Pyromancer a lot, and Warder/Sentinel is very fun too. Still mixing and matching though.

And pyro becomes more fun at lvl 25 or so when you can get instant cinder blasts/burst thing..I love it...I crit over 1k usually with a few other spells in there and the defiant are toast....

>.>

After coming from WoW, I really expected Warriors here to be just the same thing...but man, with all the building options, they are actually a very fun class to play! My daughter prefers warriors, so I help her out with the toon, and they don't feel like WoW warriors at all! (IMO)

Personally, my main is Marksman/Infiltrator/Riftie for PvP and Hunter/Marks/Saboteur for PvE & soloing content. I love that I can stand in one place and pull from super far away (Marks added range talent), have the pet hold aggro and just pull and pull and pull. In PvP I have so many speed buffs + "blink" + knockback, bonus vs armor penetration, buffed armor and endurance. Very very fun class to play and there are so many great builds for them. Bard is a nice soul to pair up with them also.

I think you will very likely find there is a great build for you in all four classes that you would enjoy.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've found that playing a warrior in PvP without a dedicated healer is very, very tough. Since nearly everything requires "in your face" involvement, it's hard to rush a crowd if someone isn't focused on keeping you alive.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've found that playing a warrior in PvP without a dedicated healer is very, very tough. Since nearly everything requires "in your face" involvement, it's hard to rush a crowd if someone isn't focused on keeping you alive.

No your right, after the 1.1 nerfs we are a very tough class to play in PvP. I am having decent success with this spec. The key is not being a front line warrior unless you have a healer and in the mean time, find a healer and guard them. once you make friends with your healer, (much easier to find with new raid frames. yay!) then you can be more daring and get out front. If you run out you will be focused and die. If you wait, they are going to charge your healers and then you can actively peel them off and be of use.

Healing classes in PvP at top level is annoying, so many stun spells and disable spells it has made me think of myself as subpar. When I can get a heal in I try to make it a good one. BUT in times when they target for healers its a no win, if the taunt skills worked in PVP in some way it would make it worthwild but as it stands now I have to hide the fact that I am there anyways.

I wish that the clean spells would remove these status effects and that the effected could cast on self, IT makes the healer hard to play in PvP.

They added diminishing returns in 1.2 You go immune A LOT more often now, reducing all the stuns and disables. You should like PvP a lot more now as a cleric.

Back