wwjd.dyndns.org Minecraft server

bascom

Some of the members asked me to post about the wwjd Minecraft server.

Address: "wwjd.dyndns.org"
-Anyone can join & build in free build areas (permission based private areas)
-ToJ & other admins (nominated by ToJ members)
-ToJ, Christian Crew, and other moderators

Considering that ToJ already has a minecraft server it's trying to get members to support and participate in, why would they play (and admin) elsewhere?

Or is this also another official ToJ server?

It's an okay server, but it needs some work.

1. I log in for the first time in complete darkness, start to die, then get disconnected for "flying".
2. I find mushrooms but I can't cut wood to make soup, so I have no way to eat.
3. I fell down a deep hole I didn't see, and since blocks can't be touched, I had no way out except to die (so I lost my mushrooms).
4. Although spawn puts in in "Free Build by Oasis Bridge" I don't know if that means someone who calls himself Oasis Bridge owns the area, or if I have to go find Oasis Bridge, and there are no signs or roads showing me how to get there.
5. I'm guessing the area I spawn in is where I build, which is the opposite of most servers, where you build away from spawn. Yet you can't get too far without getting out of the "oasis bridge" area, which would make it hard to dig deep or go for sand for windows.

So 2 deaths, starvation, and no way to protect myself, eat, or find a place to build makes for a very difficult server. What did I do wrong?

Last edited:
why would ToJ play elsewhere?

Considering that ToJ already has a minecraft server it's trying to get members to support and participate in, why would they play (and admin) elsewhere?

Or is this also another official ToJ server?

ToJ - Play for Christian fellowship with a white list.

WWJD - Play to witness to and reach Minecraft players for Christ, as advertised on secular Minecraft server lists.

wwjd.dyndns.org is a CGA server, hosted on CGA01.

Brief History:
The CGA01 server was born the Spring of this year, governed by Reach GuildWars for Christ (ToJ/SOE/CGA) . Tek decided to call the CGA01 hosted Minecraft, Left for dead 2, TF2, and Terraria servers unofficial servers, since they are not funded by the treasurer. Currently, due to an internet connection speed issue, the only dedicated servers are for Minecraft and Terraria. TF2 and L4D2 are occasionally run for testing and matches.

Last edited:
We don't currently need any funding, since CGA01 is paid for. If you wish to donate to a minecraft server, please donate to ToJ.

Got ya.

Last place I played tf2, advertising servers was the same as recruiting. It wasn't allowed.

Since you were advertising and had ToJ members working it, I was confused as to what it was. I may stop in. I don't play on the ToJ server anymore but would still like to play as long as it's not taking away from ToJ.

Hey. I'm looking to be a new player on the server, but, for some reason, I keep getting timed out when I connect and try to load the terrain. If there's a whitelist, add me to it. I'm currently running beta 1.8.1.

Hey. I'm looking to be a new player on the server, but, for some reason, I keep getting timed out when I connect and try to load the terrain. If there's a whitelist, add me to it. I'm currently running beta 1.8.1.

Go to this link to fill in the information and we'll set ya up as a TOJ. Otherwise, you are welcome to play on the other side of the map. :D

Minecraft on wwjd.dyndns.org is currently Meeting in Teamspeak3, address cgalliance.org in the WWJD Minecraft channel, on Monday nights at 10:30pm Eastern.

rules follow robert's rules of order (for small groups)
Invocation
Meeting Minutes voted on
Officer Reports
Old Business
New Business

Back