X-Men 3

I went to Blockbuster last night to rent X-Men 1 and 2, and X-Men 1 was checked out. My wife hasn't seen the first two, so I might not see X-Men 3 until I make it back to Tulsa.

I did read a review that made it a bit easier to bear the wait, though. Apparently losing the director of the two previous films made for a weak third.

Tek7 said:
I did read a review that made it a bit easier to bear the wait, though. Apparently losing the director of the two previous films made for a weak third.
I disagree. I thought X3 was great-we went to a midnight showing last night. Really enjoyed it. Make sure you stay through the credits. ;)

Ha ha! Since we're Eastern, we saw it before all the west coasters. (Hey, I don't have much to brag about right now...)

I saw it at midnight also. I give it a B minus. Excellent special effects, weak acting (with the exceptions of Sir McKellen, Stewart, and Berry), average writing, average cinematography, and a somewhat forced plot that mostly requires familiarity with the previous two. Continuity had problems also.

On the upside, I did see the preview for the upcoming kung fu epic Fearless (supposedly Jet Li's last), and as a huge fan of kung fu epics I was quite ecstatic.

Just saw it also...weak acting...I thought Berry stunk...Jackman however was good as was Stewart and Sir McKellen. Also, I didn't stay through ther credits...I forgot to.

ChickenSoup said:
*snaps fingers* But it is appropriate for someone like, say, me?

Yes, it is appro[riate in my opinion. If I remember correctly, there are only two 'bad' words in the whole movie. But don't forget it is violent. But not gory violent...barely any blood at all.

yes. stay through the credits. you must. otherwise, the story will be missing one key ingredient.

i loved it, but there were far too many small(under 13) children in the theater for my taste. they should not have been there. if you can't understand the plot, you shouldn't see the movie. not to mention the cursing(2 or 3 words i didn't know at that age) and violence. true, not as violent as, say, V for Vendetta, but still violent none the less.

So how is the dialogue in the film? I keep shuddering everytime I hear Storm say "If you're going to be with us then be with us." in the previews.

I hear gambit is there for a couple of seconds too. Which is annoying, because he's a really cool character (and I'm even not really into xmen). I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.

Killerah said:
I hear gambit is there for a couple of seconds too. Which is annoying, because he's a really cool character (and I'm even not really into xmen). I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.

I used to be big into X-Men when I was a little younger. Gambit has always been my favorite character. Kind of "annoying" that they would only show him for a few moments. Maybe in X-Men 4? :D

Killerah said:

Rumor has that Singer had cast a role for Gambit, but Craptner, errrr sorry Ratner had it removed.

p.s. There is a picture of a character that looks like Gambit, standing behind Magneto in the forest scene, but I can't find it. When I do I'll post it tough.

Killerah said:

I'm hoping that they will do a spin-off movie that follows Gambit. He seems to be a fan favorite (including me) and it would be a shame to waste him.

I thought the movie was very entertaining. I did notice that it was a little less polished and clever than the previous two but it was still very good. I especially didn't understand why they had to add the unnecessary bad language but that just shows the quality of the director.

Back