Xbox 360

Wh1te Out

Though I have never owned, nor played, an original Xbox... Microsoft has finally won over this former Sony fanboy. Today I pick-up my Xbox 360 and I won't be looking back. :D

Awesome! Let us know how it fares once you pick it up! =)

I'm looking forward to getting mine soon as well -- I just traded in $108 worth of old equipment at my game store in preparation for an Xbox 360.

pagan..... if anything, only 1 thing can make me not be a sony fan anymore..... super smash brothers brawl

I haven't been able to use Xbox Live since I'm away from home with the ship right now, but I started playing Oblivion tonight and it is everything that was advertised. I'm playing on my 17" LCD monitor at work and everything looks fantastic! I <3 this machine.

Edit: Once I do get on Live, you'll be able to find me as "Wh1te Out."

MeridianFlight said:
Ooo...Oblivion, the reason I want to get a 360. Are you going to pick up anything outside of ES IV?

Yes. I also bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Halo 2. I'm going to have to be very selective with games costing $60. But the ones I'm targeting most are still pretty far away. If I fall in love with G.R.A.W. then I won't get Prey, but if not then that game is definitely on my radar.

Much new love for my 360 now. Picked up Dead or Alive 4, Burnout Revenge, Kameo: Elements of Power and FIFA World Cup 2006 yesterday. This system, this setup, this product ... it's amazing. I wanna Live Anywhere! :D

So far, Kameo is a little bland for my taste. It's got an interesting gameplay system, though. Like many of the 360 titles I've seen or read about, it throws you right into the game. Very little story. The best platformers on PS2 (Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper) always focused on a great story. Kameo has potential but isn't something I'll play hardcore. I'll pick it up now and then just to finish it eventually.

Burnout: Revenge is unbelievable. Right now I play on my 17" LCD desktop monitor. I can't imagine having to go home and play on my 27" normal TV. I've already spoken to the wife and it's time to start saving for an LCD HDTV. This game looks 100x better than it did on PS2 and Xbox. It's flat-out gorgeous and the sense of speed is even more overwhelming.

Mr_Slice said:
So far, Kameo is a little bland for my taste. It's got an interesting gameplay system, though. Like many of the 360 titles I've seen or read about, it throws you right into the game. Very little story. The best platformers on PS2 (Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper) always focused on a great story. Kameo has potential but isn't something I'll play hardcore. I'll pick it up now and then just to finish it eventually.

Burnout: Revenge is unbelievable. Right now I play on my 17" LCD desktop monitor. I can't imagine having to go home and play on my 27" normal TV. I've already spoken to the wife and it's time to start saving for an LCD HDTV. This game looks 100x better than it did on PS2 and Xbox. It's flat-out gorgeous and the sense of speed is even more overwhelming.
Sweet. Thanks for the opinions. =)

So how do the games look like on a 27" CRT? Have you tried them out on it yet or just on your 17" LCD monitor?

I'd really like to get a Xbox 360 but I'm a little worried about how it will display on a 4:3 aspect ratio CRT. I heard GRAW looks especially "silly" on that type on display because the HUD readings are crammed.

Last edited:
That is a valid concern and one I specifically hope doesn't come to pass, since I'm playing G.R.A.W. now and it looks fantastic. I haven't yet plugged it up to a "normal" TV. To be honest, I'm almost afraid to. I've already started begging my wife to let us save for a decent-size LCD TV.

I will let you know when I get home sometime this coming weekend. I'm crossing my fingers. I've heard both horror stories and also that the difference isn't what others make it out to be. So some people think the graphics still look enhanced on a CRT. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Back