Yes I did it again.....

Angus_Og

and no guilo you can not start singing and no i do not have it on my playlist like durrick does.

I have rebuilt my machine since it appears that either i had a bug or more then likely i like to load applications that do not like me. The machine was running slow as mud but any way that is not what my post is for.

Since i rebuilt my machine and have not played much i thought it was time to clean up my mods and make things "easier" for myself clutter wise.

So far i have trinity 2.0 and a couple of mods i am willing to get rid of for something better.

What i am looking for mod wise is: minimap, frames, ui, raid utilities, button consolidation, dot timers, healing help, class mods.

Button consolidation: fubar, titan or something else.
Dot timers: Dotimers or something else.
Frames: ag_unitframes, xperl or something else.
Raid utilities: ctraid or something else.
ui: trinity or something else.

Need some help/direction. I am willing to try anything once, mod wise.
I prefer things through WoWAce or WoWInterface since those are sites that I have trusted in the past. But willing to go where the best mods are.

List anything you think i might like/need.

Thx your humble semi-absent officer.

I'm a big fan of Healbot. If every healer in the raid is using it lets you "see" incoming heals. Let's you buff and cleanse as well. You can program mouse clicks against your healing spells and even "down ranked" spells...

yeahm bigwigs, littlewigs are the best 5-25man run mods i have found yet.

you mentioned once about trinity being able to do timers, i have not found out how yet. can you point me in the right direction? if not i will have to go back to dotimer since that has been my staple for timers for a while.

x-perl is now updated via wowaceupdater.
I know Adam is partial to Titan, but since I made the switch from titan to fubar (titan was dead at that time) I haven't changed back. I like having everything on Ace that I possibly can.

Personally i use Trinity2 for my action buttons with Button Facade.
Unit frames i use X-Perl,
for a dot timer i use quartz.
I prefer Fubar over titan bar myself although they are very similar

Bigwigs and Deadly boss mods for raids etc.
trinket menu for swamping out trinkets on the fly
Simple minimap to adjust some minimap settings and to move and change the shape of the minimap

One addon for Fubar thats really handy i find is AuditorFu, not only does it show your money but it tracks it for each char, what you spend your money on, what you got money from etc. You can break it down by current session to all known history etc. Really makes you aware of things you didn't know like since level 1 6 months ago my shammie has spend 3156g in the ah! ouch hehe,

oh also Autobar, thats a major one for me.

Ok, Trinity2 - timers to show on the buttons do ...

Right click on mini menu so the main trinity config window comes up. Under the "AddOns" tab, find "Text Cooldown Timers" radio button and enable it.

*sigh* I guess its time to finally sit down and upgrade from Trinity1 to Trinity2. I haven;t looked forward to readjusting all my bars again to get them the way I want, and T1 has worked, but is showing problems with each successive patch.

My personal usage atm

Trinity 2 for action bars
X-perl for unit frames (WowAceUpdater friendly)
Fubar for general information and some mod control (WowAceUpdater friendly)
-- I use it for a quick view on bag space, time, money (on all toons), ammo, guild members online, location
Quartz for caster bars (WowAceUpdater friendly) although watching to see what happens with Natur Combat Timers
oRA2 for raid utility (WowAceUpdater friendly) and is compatible with CTraid
BigWigs & LittleWigs for instance timers (WowAceUpdater friendly)
Cartographer for maps and a great way to see where guildies are if they are also running it (WowAceUpdater friendly)
Cellular for a whisper window popup - never miss another whisper (WowAceUpdater friendly)
ClassLoot to see Kaliban's Class Loot suggestions for drops - in the raids I have been on it is used in determining which classes get to roll first on items (WowAceUpdater friendly)

As you may have noticed, I try to keep my mods mostly WowAceUpdater friendly as this is an insanely easy way to keep them updated ... especially when a patch messes them up. Also, using WowAceUpdater will get you the mod updates before they show on Curse.com or WoWInterface.com.

Last edited:
Back