You should NOT be playing video games.

Yes, but even if it is a game, do you think it is "ok" for a Christian to play games like GTA3, or BMX XXX? I sure hope not.

I agree that there are some very unsuitable games out there that Christians have no business playing... but they need to have God deal with them in that area.

I personally stayed away from gaming because it had been taking time away from me better spent doing other things. But my eyes have been opened to some things by God since that time that I had relinquished my gaming to Him. I sought out fellow Christians with the same interest and found The Consecrated, and later you all. I intend to become more active here as I see gaming as a ministry tool. Through fellowship with other Christian gamers, I feel uplifted to continue to be an example to other gamers, to be a witness to this ripe mission field. Our actions in online gaming are noticed by others. If you go out of your way to help someone in a game, spend time talking to them, and eventually being a friend... just like your next door neighbor... God can do amazing things. Gamers need God just like everyone else, and I have seen some that had turned their back on God come around and head back to God.

I have seen some heated discussions on various game forums when Christianity is brought up. If we as Christians can show these people what true Christianity is, it will bring them one step closer than they were before. I have found that many have wild misconceptions about what Christianity really is and they need to be set straight
laugh.gif

So let God deal with those that need to change certain lifestyle habits that may not be right for them, and let those who are trying to use their lifestyle habits for God do their thing!

Back