Your church

Xaris

Hello all,

Here is a question I have for any who would like to answer:

What denomination or non-denomination is your congregation? Why do you meet with those individuals? what do you like most about your congregation? What if anything do you wish were different?

Not sure if you wanted this to be limited to Aion players or not, but figure I'll jump in.

I belong to a non-denominational church, which (I think) technically means it's classified as a Church of Christ (the church name just contains "Christian Church").

I'll be honest, there's nothing I don't like about my church. Our pastors teach right from the Bible, and while there are some places the four of them may not agree completely (as one was trained in a Calvinist seminary, the other in a Wesleyan), they respect each others opinions and make sure they teach both possibilities very clearly and offer scriptural support for each position.

Why do I meet with them? I love my church family. Sure, we have our quirks and differences, but it's a big building full of people that love God and others. I love the fact that people genuinely care about each other.

For example, when my dad when into the hospital, he only told three people... and more than 25 showed up over the next week to visit him, many more called my stepmother, sent cards, and even delivered food. Several people went to do "little" things like mow his yard while he was bedridden.

I belong to a non-denominational church.
The reason I enjoy meeting with them is we focus on studying God's Word,
line by line, chapter by chapter.

right now I attend a non denominational church. I love our pastor he gets a little shall we say political sometimes and i love it :). I am also trying a Calvery Chapel were some dear friends attend as well. So would not say I have a full church home atm.

We go to a PCA church (Presbyterian Church in America). It's the first denominational church I've ever been a part of. We like it because even with over a thousand members, everybody feels like family. The pastor goes verse-by-verse through the bible and never does watered-down social topics. They have strong youth, women's and men's ministries. They strongly believe in encouraging and supporting missionaries. They have also planted a few churches that have, in-turn, planted other churches.

If we didn't go there, we'd probably be going to a Calvary Chapel. I've always liked them.

(as one was trained in a Calvinist seminary, the other in a Wesleyan)
Wow, that's quite the pairing!

What:
I currently attend a Vineyard church. I guess that's non-denominational, haven't thought about it.

Why:
I spent a year or so looking for a church. Mostly driving aimlessly through the city, didn't actually enter to many. I stuck with them because they offer a prayer team at the end of almost every service. They allow the Lord to move through them prophetically, should he do so. I really can't emphasize enough how this has helped me grow in the past or how it has helped me now.

Like:
I am an introvert, mostly because of hurt then natural character. And I have difficulty associating with others. I stay in the back, and don't speak unless spoken too. Despite this, they have been very warm to me. The care they have for each other outside the initial meet and greet goes a long way.

Dislike:
Not much. Just my longing for something more..... then life application.

Back