Your favorite games (almost) no one else has ever heard of

Landstalker - Sega Genesis
Brainlord - SNES
Warsong - Sega Genesis
Legacy of Kain - PS1

HOW DID I FORGET LANDSTALKER!? Thank you Sega Channel for helping me find this gem!

The dark cloud series has nothing on this genesis hit...that game is the definitive genesis action RPG.

HOW DID I FORGET LANDSTALKER!? Thank you Sega Channel for helping me find this gem!

The dark cloud series has nothing on this genesis hit...that game is the definitive genesis action RPG.

Landstalker and several other old Genesis/SNES games are available on WiiWare

May be impossible to find but Sacred Gold or Platinum was a favorite rpg of mine before GW. Using flame throwers on Ice Elves? Check. Mortars on Ice Dragons? Check. A little buggy, but worthwhile never the less. Now if ya wanna talk really old find Mule from Commodore 128 days. Super simple, and endlessly frustrating. :p

Sacred Gold is pretty easy to find, actually. http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sacred_gold

It's in the "I've been meaning to play it at some point in the near future but I don't have enough time to do anything and my back-catalog is already massive" category of games.

Also, if you enjoy turn-based strategy, the Age of Wonders series is rather good if my memory serves me correctly.

Landstalker and several other old Genesis/SNES games are available on WiiWare

They're also available on my Genesis cartridge. :) Honestly I am one of those that has trouble buying a digital copy of something if it was ever available with a booklet...especially if it's from the era were booklets didn't look like VCR manuals.

Still, though, if you like WiiWare...check this out people!

It's in the "I've been meaning to play it at some point in the near future but I don't have enough time to do anything and my back-catalog is already massive" category of games.
Oh man, I hear that.

I think if the video game industry shut down tomorrow, I'd still have 3 years worth of games to play.

Call of Duty Black Ops >.>

Ys Seven on the PSP. Such a cool RPG.

They're also available on my Genesis cartridge. :) Honestly I am one of those that has trouble buying a digital copy of something if it was ever available with a booklet...especially if it's from the era were booklets didn't look like VCR manuals.

Still, though, if you like WiiWare...check this out people!

I agree it's more fun to have the original system and blow on the cartridge to get it to boot.
Eke Eke!

Sacred Gold is pretty easy to find, actually. http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sacred_gold

Also, if you enjoy turn-based strategy, the Age of Wonders series is rather good if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks for the link...now you got me eyeballin' this gem: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_2_gold_edition

Myth II: Soulblighter.

Best online RTS ever created. It's so good, in fact, that people still play it 12 years after release.
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/

It's essentially freeware now (though you're legally supposed to own a disk) because Bungie was kind enough to release the server code before they went off to support that other game they made. Private servers FTW!

Anyone ever heard of Total Annihilation? I love that game, I mean, who doesn't love robot war?!

Anyone ever heard of Total Annihilation? I love that game, I mean, who doesn't love robot war?!

Yes, I have, and I've played it, I think, long time ago.

My additions to the list are:
Fatal Frame series (PS)
Brigadine (PS)
Master Blaster (NES)
Guardian Legend (NES)
Steel Battalion (Xbox, and yes I have a copy)

Genesis - Golden Axe Warrior.

Best Zelda clone ever (aside from 3d Dot Game Heroes), and also on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Robosport
I don't know what Robosport is, but it made me think of One Must Fall 2097.

Which made me think of Abuse.

Which made me think of Raptor: Call of the Shadows.

Which made me think of my days cruising bulletin board systems and downloading shareware versions of Apogee and 3D Realms PC games on a dial-up modem.

Good times, good times.

... dial-up modem. ...

...which made me think of that awful nightmare-inducing sound.

CHHHHEEEEEBBOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHCHHHKKKKKKKKKK

WELCOME! YOU'VE GOT MAIL!

Sure, it was great to hear in 1995 after FIVE HUNDRED ATTEMPTS to contact AOL's server, but it makes me shudder every time I hear it nowadays.

Gladius (Xbox) Turn based rpg. I loved it, and played through it multiple times =D

*Edit* Also, i thought it was appropriate to mention that according to wikipedia, "The game was rated as one of the "best Xbox games most people never played" by Official Xbox Magazine." Seems fitting for the thread.

Last edited:
Back