Yuor thoughts on homosexuality.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now let's think about this for a moment. Question: suppose Gay Guy 1 calls himself a Christian and has a gay husband (Wife? I dunno what you call the, umm, gay "partner"). Then he dies. I think he's judged, and burns. Sad state, right? Gay Guy 2 calls himself Christian, but refuses to have sex with guys or girls at all (seeing as how he IS gay). Now: he has had no sex, but is himself gay. Now what? Does he go to heaven if he honestly believed God died for his sins, but being gay (since he never acted out his gayness) is a sin, but since he didn't act it out, it doesn't truly count against him?
hmm....

Well what makes him gay? If he likes men he is gay. He will not be allowed into Heaven. He is considered "sexually immoral" and in Rev. 21:8 it says the sexually immorral will burn in the lake of burning sulfer (i.e. hell). Now if he doesn't like men and doesn't think in the wrong ways (fornication of the mind) then he can ask God for forgivness. And if he does have these feelings ask God to take them away from his mind.
'
ITs a hard subject to talk on b/c so many people have different opinions.

I don't think hell and the lake of fire are the same thing...lake of fire is the second punishment. Hell is the waiting zone....yea!
Umm....if they don't like men or have thoughts about that, then there's not much to ask forgiveness of on the side of homosexuality, is there?
Also, the i.e. was out of place (I think you meant, "Also: hell").
So if I have a few thoughts that I like men, yet try not to dwell on that too much, but deep down, I am a fag. And then I don't have sex with men, either, but say, marry a woman and raise a family. Still, I'm gay, I'm just running from it and trying my best to be a Christian...what happens then?

ultima--let's put it this way. I'm an alcoholic. Yet i've put up the bottle, asked for forgiveness for my acholism, and try my best to be a good guy and live a Christian life, and never touch a drop of alcohol again.

I am still an alcoholic, I'm just running from it and trying my best to be a Christian.

It's the same thing. All sin is the same in the eyes of God. He forgives them all equally, and requires that we do not do or contemplate doing them. Whether it be murder, alcoholism, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, lying. It does not matter. They are all sins, and they can all be forgiven. Yet if we spent a good poriton of our previous life, practicing a sin, that is where our biggest temptations will come from. So what do we do? "I'm just running from it and trying my best to be a Christian" We try our best to be a Christian, trust in the grace of God, live our lives showing the fruits of the spirit AND try our best to not sin.

yes. All Christains are sinners who are trying to not act out our sins. We have all fallen short. We will all continue to fall short. It's by the grace of God that we are saved. To say that homosexuals are not under that grace, just because of their particular sin, is actually being judgmental and is not showing the love of Christ

and they can't contemplate it either.

if they sit around daydreaming about homosexual relationships, they are sinning just as surely as if they had done the actual deed.

I'm just curious, but what do you guys think about trying to control homosexuality outside of Christianity? Many states have laws againsnt sodomy, even consentual and in private. Most homosexuals out there aren't Christians I'm guessing, so they wouldn't consider it a sin.

imo, there are a lot of problems removing sex from the marriage bed.

disease, unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

If marriage is reserved and held inside a monogamous, male/femal marriage relationship, a lot of those problems go away. If everyone only has 1 partner, the spread of std's disappears. If everyone waits till marriage for sex, unwanted pregnancies drop, (whether it's due to more use of birth control or just the fact they once married kids are wanted)

Yet that said, I think we (as Americans) try to control to much through laws. Whether it be prohibition or the new Amendment in Florida saying "No Smoking in any building except for homes" The more laws we allow the government to enact the less personal freedom we have.

You're kidding me......that's a new law?
Hey Mustard. Nice to see you around again.
Well dude, umm...I don't think it's up to Christians or man to control what man does. I'm totally positive there would be benefits to having homosexuality removed, but you know: God removed mankind from the Earth, and look what scrambled back: man, with loads and loads of depravity.
I think you're guessing right, too, dude. Half the world ain't Christian (I don't believe you are either, and, well, I can't change that).
I have a question Mustard: are you an American? Well, as one, I've noticed that the government is slowly but surely moving towards totalitarianism. It bugs me. A lot.
The government tries to restrict all rights. Watch. You'll see it. I already have begun to notice it.
Homosexuals' freedom? Well, that was detested back then, and it might just be now (though everyone says 'Don't hate.')

Yeah, it was recently added to the Florida State Constitution. It's a general ban on smoking indoors with exceptions being bars that don't server food and homes.

Although the wording of the enforcement bills that are currently in process of being turned into law, ignores the ban on bars, and one could even consider apartments businesses, so people could not smoke in their homes if they happen to live in an apartment.

That, umm, kinda sucks.
I'd really rather not see 1984 unravel before my eyes. I can see Brave New World, but please oh please, not 1984.
Readers may know what I'm talking about. 1984 is a world where pain is the enforcement used to keep all people in mindless, numb submission. Questions aren't asked, thought isn't used. What the government says, is. If they're at war with Eurasia, they are at war with Eurasia. They might then say they've always been at war with Eastasia, and that too is true.
Even he who dared renegade against Big Brother found himself washed, skeletonized, and practically murdered, until he betrayed what was dearest to him. And she was no different. And the love for Big Brother was upon him once he cracked.
A man, I believe his name was Popov, described his experiences for about 13 years at Communist camps meant to break him, as he was a pastor. He had nothing wrong, but even he broke. His description of being like a skeleton with wisps of hair, saggy gray flesh, and no life at all so reminded me of 1984's description of the attempted protagonist.
Sad.
And Brave New World, in a sense, is more horrible. You're drowned in pleasure, and love it, and want nothing else. Those who renegaded against it a while back live outside civilization, unintelligent, dangerous savages. The civilized are grown in jars, and total replicates. Each section of them has certain jobs and whatnot. To top it all off, there is a drug that is produced only to give them that pleasurable high they seek when they're not in sex with their pardners. And that's a huge factor in the book. The sex is nothing to them but just a way to feel good once more. The drug just adds to it, as well, as well as give them a stupefying experience.
And even the rebel, a savage who's supposed to be transformed to civilization finds out that even civilization has its dirty secrets, such that only the leaders can handle intelligence, like Shakespeare, and even the leaders are corruptible, as one of the Directors was. Fathered the rebel, actually. And he hangs himself. And it's captured in the movements of his feet. Freaky. North, northwest, east...geez. It's as if it was studied on how hanged people move.
I can see both coming to play in America. More BNW than 1984, because America loves to feel good all the time. And it's getting to the point where there are no limits. Even fashion.
But the government may have some 1984-ish plans in stock.
Yeah, that's you G-Men. Read this and weep. I'm the Doomsday Cynicist, and you can come barge down my door, and take me away. What'll that do? Nothing. Silence me for sure.
Maybe I'm paranoid (Conspiracy Theory, anyone?). So what? YOU guys are paranoid, too.
OKay my paranoia rant's over. I just got super mad is all.
Doomsday Cynicist signing out.

I just find it hard to believe that the same federal government that couldn't break into a hotel without everyone finding out would be capable of creating a New World Order in secret.

Always bet on incompetence. I truly believe that all the curtailments of personal freedoms have been done by well-meaning men and women with the aim of safeguarding people.

Decide for yourself whether that makes it better or worse... ;)

(Now who's cynical?)

Eon

I am a firm believer in Mr. Franklins statement "Those who give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security."

Back