Zygor guide/addon - Blizzlegal or no?

Gilga

I have a work friend who has recently gotten into WoW, and he has been using the Zygor guides and addon. Not something I'm very familiar with. He recently hear some noise around it being a bannable addon. Anyone familiar with Zygor and/or its legality? Basically, it's heavy-duty Quest Guide that optimizes your leveling path ... or alternatively, it's a Bradyguide ported into the game via lua. As a wownewb, he likes the fact that it keeps him from "wasting" in-game time wandering around looking for stuff.

Zygor's FAQs takes the position of:
Is this legal? Will my account get banned for using this guide?

Zygor Guides has been in business for over 3 years and not 1 customer has ever had their account banned for using our products. Some people are confused over how this is possible given Blizzards rules and policies which forbid the sale of addons. Zygor Guides is not in the addon selling business. We're in the guide selling business. The addons we create are available for free via our trial downloads. When a customer buys our guide they are not given a premium version of our addons. Instead, they are given access to our leveling guide in text format (ebook) which can then plug directly into our free addons. This seperation allows us to sell our digital guides and keep Blizzard happy.

Anyhow, anyone have any perspective/knowledge on this?

It doesn't play the game for you, it's just a fancier Quest Helper. I used it to 85, had no problems with bans or warning of bans. Was very useful though.

The Program is legit. You can grab that addon for free and use it with freely posted quest guides. The paid part gets you access to a database that you plugin to the free addon to use the optimized quest paths.

I used it and loved it.

I am not a lawyer but I think by selling it as an e-book they are all good.

Last edited:
I use it. It is not an add on that does work for you. Which is what Bliz is against.

It simply tells you which quests to pick up together and gives you a location for the spots to be in for each quest.

It is not in my mind and opinion a break in the ToS or the spirit of ToS.

I use it. It is not an add on that does work for you. Which is what Bliz is against.

It simply tells you which quests to pick up together and gives you a location for the spots to be in for each quest.

It is not in my mind and opinion a break in the ToS or the spirit of ToS.

If that's all it is, then it might be ok. I have literally zero experience with it. I was only going on what was in the first post, and it sounded like they were getting around the TOS by allowing free addons that don't really work unless you buy the paid content and plug it in the addon, essentially... buying an addon.

It comes in many forms. The main way to get it is to pay or get the add supported version. There are a few free links floating around.

Again, it is not considered an add on. It is considered a guide. Except it is not on paper or website. It is inside of WoW's UI.

In order to comply with Blizzards no pay rule, they have to release a free version. It is on their page and easily found with a little google skill.

The free version doesn't seem to be the full one >.> Unless im just not looking hard enough... I might resub again and actually roll on the redeemed server :D
I know its bad... but i always quit during leveling o_O Need something to keep meh going :D
$40 is a lot though o_O

Last edited:
Back