FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

My better half buys a generic copy of this, called Gems, but she is hooked on the stuff.

Lucky Charms

Corn on the cob, bacon wrapped tenderloins, green beans and bacon... That's today's menu. Generally any food on the grill makes for a great Independence Day.

Coffee

Iced or Hot?
Caffinated or not?
Cream?
Sugar?
Fake cream and sugar?
Black?

Lately, when taking my fiancee to Starbucks, I've been getting caramel iced coffee with room for half and half and sugar.
...I still prefer the happy hour dollar large iced coffees with ALL THE FLAVORS (never got all of them at once; that would be icky) at the Dunkin' Donuts franchise near my parents' home in Florida.

My Fantastic wife makes me a 16oz cup of coffee every morning, no cream and some sugar. If we stop at Dunkin' Donuts, we both get a large Blueberry coffee with 6 sugars.

Coffee, dark, cream, sugar. Hot or cold. Decaf defeats the purpose.

I will drink it black before I use powdered creamer.

There is not one single way I can tolerate coffee. You could take a dropper of coffee and put it in a big mug of hot chocolate and I don't think I'd be able to drink it.

When I was in high school, I had a really bad migraine so my dad made me a cup of really strong coffee and did whatever he does to it when HE got a migraine. It smelled pretty good, and I drank a few sips, but basically it was gross...and I still had a migraine. So I think it's partly a taste aversion from that experience plus my lack of interest in acquiring a taste for anything that requires acquiring the taste. It's weird though because the whole rest of my family drinks coffee nonstop all day.

Tek and I are tea drinkers. :p

Just for that, and because no one can seem to drink just plain black coffee anymore.
Tea
Same stipulations, except if you have a favorite type.
I like the British Breakfast Tea straight up or a mint tea. My better half made me quit drinking Lapsang Souchong by losing my supply. She always said it smelled like burning rubber.

McDonalds - Liked it when I was a kid. My wife refuses to eat it, and now she cant (gluten free). On very rare occasion I will get it (can't afford to eat out often as it is) and remember how it tastes and how bad it makes me feel afterward. (This excludes the Shamrock Shake we get those as often as we can in Feb and March.)

I haven't been in a Burger King in years. It used to be my favorite, but the last time I tried to eat there the sandwich was a mess and the onion rings just didn't taste as good as I remember. We have 5 Guys here and I would take that any day. Sonic is OK, better than McD. The Wendy's around here are spotty. One can be good, but the one by the church is awful. They never get our orders right, the food is poorly prepared and the staff have an attitude.

One I wish we had near by is Smash Burger.

didja answer the wrong question or did I ask the wrong one, or did my geezer brain just lose the thread?

didja answer the wrong question or did I ask the wrong one, or did my geezer brain just lose the thread?

That's what happens when you reply to threads late a night after a long session of Minecraft. I swear there's a thread about burgers around here somewhere.

Back