Gearing up (non-end game instance runs)

Dukatt

Would you like the opportunity to run MC, ZG and Ony? Do you need that gear from Scholo, Ubrs, Lbrs and others? Well then look no further that is what this thread is all about. Nice sales pitch huh?

The guild has asked for people to step up and help make the guild a better and a more fun for everyone place. So, Thranwar (Steve) and myself Dukatt (Trey) have decided to do just that. We will be working towards getting people geared and attuned for the end game runs. With the thought of one day making a totally Redeemed run at MC and others.

We will be working on a scheduled time and date for these runs to happen but need some input for everyone who wants to partake. Which gear are you looking for? What attunement do you need? What days of the week and times will work for you? Some of the ideas being kicked around are running five man runs in preparation for the new patch that will make that the norm. We want to work on getting people used to working in a structured environment while in an instance. Being able to listen to directions and work well as a team will really be what leads us to success.

Please feel free to post comments, questions, concerns and over all constructive ideas to this thread. We will be having this idea spread through the message of the day and by word of mouth. So please if you like this idea and can benefit from it or know of fellow guildies that would find this of use please pass the word along.

Well I have rambled on long enough. Much more to come. God Bless and I will see you in the game.

I'm available to help on my priest (if/when healing needed) generally on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. While there is no gear in any of the non-raid dungeons I'm specifically looking for, I am keeping my eye out for blue +FR gear.

Learning to run all the high end instances as 5 man groups is very important because in 1.10, they all have their caps lowered from 10 to 5, except BRS, which is going from 15 to 10.

First thing I think would help is some info on the class sets. Here is a list of classes and their tier 0 sets (excluding shamans since we are alliance):

1. Mage - Magister's Regalia
Belt - Stratholme (Crimson Battle Mage, Thuzadin Necromancer, Thuzadin Shadowcaster) BRS (Smolderthorn Mystic)
Boots - Stratholme (Postmaster Malown)
Bracers - BRS (Fireband Invoker, Fireband Pyromancer, Rage Talon Fire Tongue, Scarshield Spellbinder)
Helm - Scholomance (Darkmaster Gandling)
Chest - UBRS (General Drakkisath)
Leggings - Stratholme (Baron Rivendare)
Shoulders - Scholomance (Ras Frostwhisper)
Gloves - Scholomance (Doctor Theolen Krastinov, Scholomance Adept)​

2. Warlock - Dreadmist Raiment
Belt - Stratholme (Crimson Sorcerer, Thuzadin Necromancer, Thuzadin Shadowcaster)
Boots - Stratholme (Baroness Anastari)
Bracers - BRS (Blackhand Dreadweaver, Bloodaxe Summoner, Firebrand Darkweaver, Scarshield Warlock, Smolderthorn Seer, Summoned Blackhand Dreadweaver)
ChestChest - UBRS (General Drakkisath)
Shoulders - Scholomance (Jandice Barov)
Gloves - Scholomance (Lorekeeper Polkelt, Scholomance Necromancer)​

3. Priest - Vestments of the Devout
Belt - BRS (Blackhand Summoner, Bloodaxe Summoner, Fireband Darkweaver, Scarshield Spellbinder, Smolderthorn Shadow Priest)
Boots - Stratholme (Maleki the Pallid)
Bracers - Stratholme (Crimson Priest, Thuzadin Necromancer, Thuzadin Shadowcaster)
Shoulders - BRS (Solakar Flamewreath)
Gloves - Stratholme (Archivist Galford)​

4. Rogue - Shadowcraft Armor
Belt - BRS (Blackhand Assassin, Bloodaxe Warmonger, Firebrand Grunt, Quartermaster Zigris, Scarshield Legionnaire, Smolderthorn Shadow Hunter)
Boots - Scholomance (Rattlegore)
Bracers - Scholomance (Instructor Malicia, Risen Construct, Smolderthorn Shadow Hunter)
Shoulders - Stratholme (Cannon Master Willey)
Gloves - LBRS (Shadow Hunter Vosh'Gajin)​

5. Druid - Wildheart Armor
Belt - Stratholme (Bile Spewer, Venom Belcher) Scholomance (Scholomance Handler, Spectral Teacher, The Ravenian)
Boots - LBRS (Mother Smolderweb)
Bracers - Stratholme (Crimson Inquisitor, Shrieking Banshee, Wailing Banshee)
Shoulders - LBRS (Gizrul the Slavener)
Gloves - BRS (Firebrand Invoker, Rage Talon Dragonspawn, Scarhield Raider, Smolderthorn Berserker, Smolderthorn Seer)​

6. Hunter - Beastalker Armor
Belt - BRS (Bloodaxe Raider, Firebrand Grunt, Rage Talon Dragon Guard, Scarshield Raider, Smolderthorn Headhunter)
Boots - Stratholme (Nerub'enkan)
Bracers - Stratholme (Crimson Defender, Fleshflayer Ghoul, Ghoul Ravener)
Shoulders - LBRS (Overlord Wyrmthalak)
Gloves - LBRS (War Master Voone)​

7. Paladin - Lightforge Armor
Belt - Stratholme (Crimson Gallant, Rockwing Gargoyle, Rockwing Screecher)
Boots - Stratholme (Balnazzar)
Bracers - Scholomance (Lord Alexai Barov, Risen Protector, Risen Warrior) Stratholme (Rockwing Gargoyle, Rockwing Screecher)
Shoulders - UBRS (The Beast)
Gloves - BRD (Emperor Dagran Thaurissan)​

8. Warror - Battlegear of Valor
Belt - LBRS (Highlord Omokk)
Boots - Scholomance (Kirtonos the Herald)
Bracers - BRS (Blackhand Iron Guard, Bloodaxe Warmonger, Firebrand Grunt, Quatermaster Zigris, Scarshield Legionnaire, Smolderthorn Axe Thrower)
Shoulders - BRS (Warchief Rend Blackhand)
Gloves - Stratholme (Ramstein the Gorger)​

Edit: Added Additional info about location/mob for each item of set
Edit: Added location links and item links

Last edited:
I have an UBRS key on Anadi, and I'll be glad to open the doors when possible (I can say that 99% of the time I won't stay). The best time is to let me know in advance, this way I can let you know if I will be available to open the door or not (I raid most week nights from 5-9 GT, but feel to pst me during that time if I'm not in MC/ZG).

I want to help i do not know what is needed as i am currectly only 54 spec restoration.

But I am avaivable nights expect tues and thursday as I have Aikido, but other wise Dawife and I are going full steam to 60 when we can

some other thigns that might need to worked on to make sure people are ready for the higher instances like ZG, AQ, MC is to make sure that while the people are getting their level 0 gear to help them get their first aid to 300, make sure they have Vent and they are use to connecting to it and listing to instructions on what to do in the instances, also talk to them about getting CT Raid Assist

excellent feedback

Thank you all for following up with this. I will be getting with Thranwar tonight to discuss the next steps involved and get more input on dates and times for our first run at these. Thanks also for linking the gear for the classes that will help people to know what to strive for.

Dukatt

We should also start working on speed running 5 man Baron. Part of the .5 tier upgrade is being able to beat Baron in 45 minutes of starting Stratholme. That is easy with a 10 man group but could be challenging with a 5 man group needed to actually complete the quest.

I am up for these runs whenever I have time too. I am keyed for Stratholme live/dead and Scholo if needed.

You can beat Baron in 35-40 mins in a 5 man if people know what they are doing. The hardest part about Baron, is that you only get one shot at him. If you wipe at Baron, the doors to him close and you have to reset and run the whole instance again to get another shot at him.

lanki said:
You can beat Baron in 35-40 mins in a 5 man if people know what they are doing. The hardest part about Baron, is that you only get one shot at him. If you wipe at Baron, the doors to him close and you have to reset and run the whole instance again to get another shot at him.
You need to listen to the leader as we found out last night.... <sigh>

More than just listen, the leader needs to constantly communicate to his or her team, as I found out last night as well :)

Hunter's mark is the best form off communication! Just kidding, I don't know what happened on your run but have a /assist <Main Tank> macro that way you are dpsing on the right mob without breaking cc. Mages should use detect magic on the mob they are sheeping, this is just good practice to have it also lets the other members know not to attack it. Back when I used to play a mage if I sheep and someone breaks it, I don't bother with resheeping it (if they break cc, let them tank it, at the expense of their death or wipe they will learn better). Also perhaps waiting for 1-2 sunders is a good idea before nuking.

Edit: There really is no change in strategy when doing ubrs/lbrs/scholo/strath/dm, let the tank get agro then kill the mob. Repeat and rinse over and over through the whole instance.

Last edited:
I lead a 10 man through UBRS this morning, needless to say...we.....DID AMAZING. I have never had a group listen that well to me. They were on the ball for rezzes, priests healed then the druids would pick up what was left to heal, it was great. No threat for the druids, priests only have to use mana pool once. Our Warriors remembered to use Sunder armor when they could. Unlike most 15 manners, the warriors will just attack not thinking, hey if i use sunder armor, then the other DPS can take this guy down faster. Kudos to my group last night. Would like to lead a Redeemed run tonight If i could.

Class builds PVP vs PVE

Hi my guildys,

As you know, we can spec our classes several different ways. For a tank, FURY, ARMS, Protection and for a mage, ARCANE,FIRE, ICE. Witht that being said, general questing and PVPing you can be pretty much anything and get a way with it. But as you get to higher raid instances, certain builds work better, tanks protection, mage ice, so you may think about repeccing for instance running when your are ready. Also the way you play your class is important. Mages, Rogues, and Hunters depending on build can steal aggro from the tank, which is really bad cause I betting you knot wearing 7k worth of plate armour unbuffed, and this baddies will 1 or 2 shot ya in the blink of the eye. Understand, I am not telling you how to play or build your toons, but just things to consider. I have learned a lot and continue to learn every instance I run....just wanted to share.....

Samuraij

oh to follow up Sam's post. As a healer in UBRS, LBRS, and such, I would not heal rogues. Tanks get my mana rogues get band aids....

Back