Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Anyone else playing DDO now that it's free-to-play?

Yep, I've actually been playing since the open beta for the free overhaul. Its a lot of fun. Fun fun game mechanics.

One thing to remember: If they say a class is challenging to play solo, they mean it. You either have to be very familiar with the class from the game or the 3.5 rules, or you will have a really rough time of it.

Yep, I've actually been playing since the open beta for the free overhaul.
What servers do you play and what are your characters' names?

So far, I only have a Paladin named Amasa on Thelanis. Add me to your Friends list in-game!

I've got Elader and Krysn on the Argonnessen server and Eoina and Karthys on the Ghallanda server. I tend to play Argonnessen if my campus friends are on and Ghallanda otherwise.

I am starting a weekly play group with Mordos and some other ToJ friends. We may have a few spots left if anyone is interested. We are still deciding together what night it will be and what classes we will be playing to make a nice synergistic 6man weekly team.

I've only taken Amasa to level 3 or so and I don't plan on sticking with Paladin anyway. (I tend to prefer classes with ranged combat, like Hunters in WoW.) Amasa is, when the name is available, what I call my first test character in any MMO. I usually either get bored of the game or the Warrior-type class I first roll and soon either quit the game or roll a second character.

I type that all out to say: I'm willing to roll a new character on a different server, if we can all agree on one server. There's still no guarantee I'll be playing DDO next week, but I figure I might throw the suggestion out there for those who don't suffer from (benefit from?) MMO ADD.

I think I'm starting to show signs of a different kind of MMO disorder: I keep bouncing over to the next one, play it, love it, run out of time, and move on. Good thing I'm not made of money or I'd have a subscription to at least five or six different games...

I think I'm starting to show signs of a different kind of MMO disorder: I keep bouncing over to the next one, play it, love it, run out of time, and move on. Good thing I'm not made of money or I'd have a subscription to at least five or six different games...

With me it is about 10 minutes with a game and then I think... "Why the heck did they waist millions of dollars developing this boring game". Seriously, where has all the fun gone?

I am beginning to think they hire zombies as play testers.

"How is the game going?"
"BRAAAAINS"
"That must be good then?"
"BRAAAAINS"
"Ok... So we need to remove this creative element?"
"BRAAAINS"

And then the entire development team has the creativity sucked out of them by the marketing team, er zombies.

@ewoksrule: I'd like to join your team if you guys will have me. I'll roll anything you like. I'm flexible. Sadly, my schedule isn't. I usually have class in the evenings until around 9 Eastern time. Anything after that and I'm in.

I haven't really been playing any mmo recently besides eve. I do very much enjoy it and still occasionally log in and run a dungeon every now and then.

Our play group for DDO never took off as the release of Aion and CO and other games got in the way. Now that I am currently subscription-free I would be interested in playing some DOO at preset times.

I play DDO on the Argonnessen server. I actually upgraded my account to VIP status since I don't have any other paid subscriptions going at the moment.

Toons:

Armethis-Ranger 5
Armethil-Rogue 4
Armethir-Cleric 4
Bendor-Paladin 5
Soripto-Wizard 4

I may have to clear some hard drive space to install DDO, but I'd be willing to give it another shot.

Shall we arrange a night to play? Monday's probably too soon, Tuesday nights are reserved for Team Fortress 2, Wednesdays for Left 4 Dead 2, and I might be playing Borderlands this Thursday. Fridays aren't good for gaming as my wife gets home later on Fridays and I try to spend what little remains of the evening when she gets home with her. Saturday afternoons are great, but other people usually have stuff planned. I try to keep it casual on Sundays and Mondays are Unreal Tournament 3 game nights.

On review, maybe planning a game night isn't the best way to do this.

Maybe we should just try to meet up when we can?

I may have to clear some hard drive space to install DDO, but I'd be willing to give it another shot.

Shall we arrange a night to play? Monday's probably too soon, Tuesday nights are reserved for Team Fortress 2, Wednesdays for Left 4 Dead 2, and I might be playing Borderlands this Thursday. Fridays aren't good for gaming as my wife gets home later on Fridays and I try to spend what little remains of the evening when she gets home with her. Saturday afternoons are great, but other people usually have stuff planned. I try to keep it casual on Sundays and Mondays are Unreal Tournament 3 game nights.

On review, maybe planning a game night isn't the best way to do this.

Maybe we should just try to meet up when we can?

Wow, thats a busy week =-D

As much as I would love to play with you guys, I know that most all of you in this thread are east coasters and I fear my play availability is too late at night. The earliest I could get online is 730 PST as I got to wait till the kids are at least semi-in bed.

Here's my DDO profile.

EDIT: Let me know if the link doesn't work.

EDIT#2: I'm downloading the DDO client now.

Back